Menu
tonynn
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

New contact not actioned

Hi , have recently received new costings as my contact has come to an end ( increased by 100% plus ). Spoke to customer services who only offered a reduction in services at a slightly reduced new price . So gave 30 days notice as there are numerous other options available. 
was phone by retentions a few days later who re looked at my package and provided a reduced package at a marginally increased rate. Which I agreed to. Transpires that after a week the offer was apparently invalid and not actioned.They spoke to the agent who in turn is having to speak to his manager. My question would be the disconnection is still proceeding on the 3rd July , ideally don’t want to leave , but can not be without broadband , how long do these things take to resolve , if at all . Will need to look at another supplier but time is becoming an issue , any thoughts would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: New contact not actioned

Others will have their own take on this, but...

Retentions offers, outbound especially, are very often "of the moment" and if the price suits you then the Martin Lewis theory of "ask the cat and call back later" doesn't always work with VM. If "inbound" retentions offer doesn't meet your needs and you've served notice, then you are now playing a lottery with outbound retentions and you must be prepared to carry through with that notice if your numbers don't come up, as it were.

In your case, it sounds like you need to set a price that you are prepared to pay, and a price you'd like to pay - and if VM won't match those prices for your chosen combinations, start with the process of having an alternative supplier/connection being installed. Check the cancellation policy of that alternative supplier and be very aware of when the point of no return is.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: New contact not actioned

Hi there @tonynn

Welcome back to our Community; sorry that you chose to book your disconnection with us after your price increased once your current contract came to and end. If you are ever not happy with your package price or bundle, we'll always be happy to take a look and see what deals we have that best suit your needs and budget - I was saddened to understand that our Care team we're unable to locate one that better suited your budget and that your disconnection notice was taken. 

Now, we never like to see anyone leave us so unless otherwise requested not to, we'll attempt to contact you with some offers to try and tempt you to stay with us 🙂 As our VIP @japitts has advised, these offers are usually limited time and may not be available if you call back another time.

I can see that you have since called back today where we have made some offers for you to remain with us - we do hope that you find one that suits you and that you choose to stay with us. Feel free to keep us posted with how you get on.

If you're not happy with the offers we have,  you can of course log a complaint via your online account. We aim to resolve these within 28 days where possible

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos