Menu
wonkotsane
Fibre optic
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

New connection using BT ducting

I've been a Virgin customer since Telewest days but I'm moving in the 8th to a street that's not cabled. It's in a cable area, there's a DP oppositeat the entrance to the street and a CATV manhole at the top of the street. It's an unadopted road.

An engineer suggested that Virgin might use the BT ducting to provide services. How do I request a site survey?

Massage an ego, click the kudos button. If someone answers your question, mark it as helpful.
Be nice, eat all your vegetables and keep your room tidy.
0 Kudos
JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: New connection using BT ducting

As far as I’m aware Virgin do not duct share with Openreach, there maybe new developments where ducts are installed and used by both Openreach/Virgin and other providers but it sounds like your development hasn’t had this done and is likely Openreach ducting.

If I've helped please let me know 🙂 Matt

A 10+ Year Virgin Media veteran, been here through the Up's and the Down's and Down's....
Vodafone 5G EE BQM Hub 4 BQM Hub 3 BQM Hitron CGNV4 BQM TT BQM

Technical Support - AV & Networking - Customer Service - Finance - Culinary - Construction
0 Kudos
wonkotsane
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

It's uncommon but they do do it in FttP areas.

Massage an ego, click the kudos button. If someone answers your question, mark it as helpful.
0 Kudos
JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Like I said, it’s dependant on the developers and the infrastructure being in place, sounds like that won’t be the case for you.

If I've helped please let me know 🙂 Matt

A 10+ Year Virgin Media veteran, been here through the Up's and the Down's and Down's....
Vodafone 5G EE BQM Hub 4 BQM Hub 3 BQM Hitron CGNV4 BQM TT BQM

Technical Support - AV & Networking - Customer Service - Finance - Culinary - Construction
0 Kudos
wonkotsane
Fibre optic
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Yep, that's why I want to know how to get a site survey.

0 Kudos