Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

New broadband in future home

I'm moving home so have ordered a broadband install for 1st December. In my confirmation email it said that I would receive the contract by post, during the process I said I'm not currently living there and I had to enter my current postcode, house no and how long I'd lived there. I wanted to make sure this gets sent to my current address instead of the install address as at the moment there are different tenants living in the house, but can't seem to find the answer to my question anywhere. I'm sure it's okay as I said I didn't live there at the moment, but just wanted to make sure.

Anyone know the answer to this?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: New broadband in future home

Hi RFCBen

Thanks for posting. 

Normally we email these out, have you received confirmation? 

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I have the email order confirmation, and then the following day I got an eBilling confirmation & direct debit confirmation.

The first email said I'll receive an email with a link to the contract but I don't think I've had that. It also said at the bottom of the same email that I'd receive a contract in the post:

"You'll get a letter and a contract from us through the post. Please sign our copy and send it back to us as soon as you can. We'll also include a guide which details things to do now, on the day of your installation and afterwards."

So a bit confused if I'm waiting for a letter or an email!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to me.

The letter would be sent to the new address. If you sign up online for an online account, you'll be able to view the contract as well

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

VM will not be able to install until you have moved in. If someone else still lives there you can't install until you move in

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Yeah I know and I’ve booked the install date for after I move in. It’s just a bit unclear with where they’re sending the contract because it said in the email they send it by post. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I’m not seeing the contract on the account I created. It shows my booked install but when I click view contract it says there’s not a digital copy. 

Maybe it’s too soon? I only ordered on Sunday. Not sure why the letter would go to the new address when I said I didn’t live there yet but oh well. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi RFCBen,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community ands welcome, I am sorry for any confusion around the contract.

The contract is generally sent to your email and you would also receive welcome letter to the address where the services are being installed.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos