Menu
misstaramcgeown
Tuning in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

New account number not migrated

I transferred my services over from my previous property where I was a customer of virgin media for 2 years, I moved house set up on a new account number but my new account number hasn't migrated over on my app its still showing my old account number and tells me I'm no longer a customer of virgin media, I would like some assistance in being able to action my account on the app in order for me to check my bills etc 

Thank you 

0 Kudos
newapollo
Hero
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: New account number not migrated

Have you signed out of the app and  then signed back in again to make sure it's updated?  Or logged into your phone settings, selected the app and cleared data in case that's causing an issue?

Also have you used a browser to log into My Account to make sure that it is up to date?  If it isn't that may explain why the app is showing incorrect information

EDIT Hope you'll be happy in your new house.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
misstaramcgeown
Tuning in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Yes I have signed out the app and signed back in still shows old account number and area number, I have cleared my cache on my phone and history. I have even uninstalled and re installed the app and the account number has not transferred to the newly generated one by virgin media 🤷‍♀️

0 Kudos
Lisa_CC
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi misstaramcgeown,

Welcome to our Community Forum and thanks for posting. If you've recently migrated your services to a new property then your online account should have been moved also. I'll send you a Private Message so I can grab some details and take a look for you.

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos
misstaramcgeown
Tuning in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lisa that would be great if could message me as it hasn't migrated over at all it's still showing my old account number and area number and not my new account and area number following a house move, don't understand why had a change of account number to be honest when was with virgin already 2 years all for moving home 

0 Kudos
Lisa_CC
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I'm sorry, I've sent the Private Message to you now 🙂

Regards,

Lisa

0 Kudos
simon2william1
Tuning in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I'm having the exact same issue 

0 Kudos
Tom_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Sorry to hear that simon2william1. Can you please send me a PM confirming the old & new account numbers so I can take a further look into it? 

Thanks,

Tom

0 Kudos
Galois
Joining in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I have the same problem.

Is there anyone who can sort this for me as I cannot get through to Virgin Customer Helpline.

0 Kudos
Rachael_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Galois,

Thank you for reaching out, I'm sorry that you've been having trouble with your online account following a home move. We'd usually recommend creating your own thread rather than posting on one that's been closed for some time, but we can certainly take a look for you.

We'll need to clear account security, so I'll send you a private message now to confirm the relevant details. Please head to the purple envelope in the top right corner to respond.

Thanks,

Rachael