cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Volt Packages dumped Ultimate Oomph

AndySB123
Tuning in

I got the Ultimate Oomph package in February, the lot all TV, 600meg Internet, sim... 

I was told by the sales team then that because I'm on Ultimate Oomph that I will always get the fastest broadband speed available in my area as part of the package... Great, fantastic! 

We now have 1Gig in my area, I called up to ask will I be getting upgraded as per what the sales team told me.... Nope..... Apparently (the call center persons own Scottish words) "Ultimate Oomph doesn't exist anymore its defunct"

Soooooo what does that mean? I'm. Not getting it? Only thing he could say is you can pay £90 a month to get it.... I then repeat what the sales team told me again about having the fastest broadband speed when available....

His reply, "Ultimate Oomph doesn't exist anymore nothing I can do" 

Brick wall............

Went on chat to see if I could get someone who is half helpful....... Oh why did I think that?

2 hours later of forward and back chatting/asking managers............ 

So do I get it upgraded? 

Her reply

"yes but you will have to call the Ultimate Oomph team because I cannot do it from here and we cannot talk to them for you" 

I find it ironic for a communications company they cannot communicate internally to themselves (face-palming) 

None of the customer facing staff know what to say 

36 REPLIES 36

jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Ultimate oomph came with 600mb even in 1Gig areas, you don't get too speed with that package

Shroko
Superfast

It's now called Ultimate Volt, this package comes with an O2 simo, BB speed is 1Gig.

Your package is the ultimate oomph, which comes with a VM SIMO and 600Mbps BB. This package along with all the other Oomphed packages is no longer available. 

Existing VM mobile customers feel aggrieved, they cannot get the benefits of any of the new Volt packages. 

As far as I know, if you sign up to any Volt package,  you pay a separate bill to O2 for the SIMO element. Whereas ultimate oomph and other Oomph customers pay just the one bill including the SIMO.

To me it feels like O2 customers benefit, whereas existing VM mobile customers have been discarded. 

I can appreciate you may feel like you have been mislead having been told Ultimate customers will always get the top speeds. 

Screenshot_20211020-141345.png

They couldn't even get the advertising details correct says £74 a month on the details haha

Screenshot_20211018-084648_Edge~2.jpg

Can't see the image as it's not been approved yet. 

But I assume you're talking about the ultimate Volt bundle. Don't forget that the O2 SIM is billed separately by O2 at £25. Add that to the £74 and you get a total price of £99. 

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@AndySB123 wrote:

They couldn't even get the advertising details correct says £74 a month on the details haha

Screenshot_20211018-084648_Edge~2.jpg

That £99 is broken down as:

https://www.virginmediao2.co.uk/

Your Virgin Media Price

• £74.00 a month for 18 months
  • £136 a month thereafter. Prices may change.

Your O2 Price

• £25.00 a month*
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

That's stupid and could mislead a lot of people

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Honest question, mislead how?

You are clearly unhappy with VM, all the Tags and what you have said so far clearly indicate that. Everything about VM seems to be  irritating You right now!

The fact remains you signed up to the Ultimate Oomph bundle in February. 

Therefore, you're still in contract with your existing VM simo. If you were to swap to a new O2 SIM to Volt your package, you would be penalised.

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
I would point out that Oomph SIMs are on a 30 day term. So it would be possible to move from Ultimate Oomph to Ultimate Volt and move your number from Virgin Mobile to O2.

However any bundle change may remove introductory offers. That was true before Volt as it is now.