Menu
davidhask
Joining in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

New Customer wrong package

I have just had a new installation with Bigger Oomph bundle + Sports

This has the 360 box and I must say this is not what I need.  It was very very difficult to choose too.

The broadband is fine but the TV box isn't any good really as the picture quality is poor compared to the internal functionality of my LG smart TV especially for Sky Sports on Now TV app. Very fuzzy.

I have tried ringing and tried the help messaging but there seems no way to change the package and stop the TV and Sports components and there is "nobody at home"

I have two weeks to get this sorted so what do I do? Any clues?

0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: New Customer wrong package

Good afternoon @davidhask 

Welcome to the forums and thank you for taking the time to post. 

The 360 box is currently being rolled out though all of our customers, those who take the contract and a retentions offer are now all being put on the 360 box. 

Regarding the picture quality, are you able to confirm if your using the HDMI cable from the new box? 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

0 Kudos
davidhask
Joining in
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

yes it is connected using a supplied HDMI cable - I think what I have found is that Sky Sports channels are not HD which is a shame as I sort of wanted a sports package and the robot suggested this - BT Sports and Euro Sports are HD.  Othe channels are not as good as the TVs own functionality especially for picture and sound fine tuning.  There seems no way of getting HD on Sky Sports without buying a whole Sky Film and Sky Sport upgrade that I do not want. None of this is that clear in the purchasing process. I think I would be better off using the Freeview innards of my excellent LG TV which are very good with its Netflix and Amazon and Now TV apps to buy what I actually want ( BT Sport I can get some other way as there is as yet no LG APP).   I do not need a landline nor do I need a SIM (which has not arrived anyway) - just a good broadband package, and the VM broadband is very good.  The trouble is that there is only a way to UPGRADE packages not to DOWNGRADE without contacting some human - but there is no human anywhere apparently and all the site links send you round in circles. Trying to message for help is a joke.  To say I am unimpressed is probably true. OK there is a covid crisis but Virgin are coining it during this lockdown and need to deploy more humans to sales support.

0 Kudos
Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hey @davidhask,

You can get Sky Sports HD without getting the movie channels as well. If you go onto any of the HD sports channels and follow the instructions on there. You can get the upgrade to sports HD done via your box, if you still want to do this.

Have you raised a complaint about this with our team to express your dissatisfaction with this experience?

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos
davidhask
Joining in
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

you say "If you go onto any of the HD sports channels and follow the instructions on there" please explain as I cannot find any such instructions..I go to say Sky Sports Mix ... and do what..?

0 Kudos
Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Sky Sports Mix HD, is a free HD channel, when you have Sky Sports, so you wouldn't be able to upgrade from that channel. Please try to do this on channel 501 Sky Sports main event and there should be instructions on the screen.

Please let me know if you can do this or not and If you can't we can look into this further for you.

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos
davidhask
Joining in
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I select 501 and cannot find any such instructions obvious to the untrained eye. Is there a magic button?

I find if I select the available offer Package Upgrade to Sky Sports and Cinema (from £39.25")  it computes a "Channel cost" of £7.50 a month

and says a "Standard monthly service cost" would be £87.50... is what my new bundle would be or an extra on top?

my current package is Bigger Oomph bundle + Sports" at £80 a month so would this increase to £87.50 or to to £167.50..???

This is all very confusing and not clear at all so most terrified of clicking anything.. thanks a lot for actually answering

D

0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for replying, davidhask,

Sorry you found this confusing, have you been able to get this added since your post?

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos
davidhask
Joining in
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Well sort of - I decided to add the offered Sky Sports HD and Cinema package upgrade as it came up with a price way less (£7.50) than what was on the label ("from £39") and the order started to work then went... Ooops!  Eventually I got through to a helpful real human and he manually added Sky Sports HD &  Cinema at different price (£17.50) to what came up on line but OK as he said he had upped the speed too to 310 so it seemed OK.  That partially worked but it does not not show up in my contract - I see the channels but the speed stayed the same and now very little of the account package home page on-line works.  He said it would take 48 hours for the contract details to change but it has been quite a few days now maybe weeks, so now I simply don't know what is true of false except that I have the packages I want but my billing / contract and speed has not changed..

What a strange haphazard company - I have never dealt with anything quite so chaotic! Mr Branson always put himself across as a hippy stoner but probably isn't but maybe his people and systems are in a blue haze of puff... who knows! Any advice as I am bamboozled

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi davidhask

Thanks for coming back to us.

My apologies for the delayed reply. Please either call us on 150 // 0345 454 1111 or text us on 07533051809 and we can assist further. Text replies are not instant and are automated at the start to get you through to the right team

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

0 Kudos