Menu
WarHammer
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

New Customer - frustrated and about to cancel in cooling off period - shocking service TBH

Left VM back in 2016 due to poor services/support....now persuaded that things had changed and got better and to re-join again.

1st problem - miss-sold my deal versus what was agreed and what has been delivered for self install (Hub 3 instead of Hub 4 as part of free upgrade)

2nd problem - VM (pre-install team tried to resolve - had to upgrade my speed package from 200mb to 350mb and pay a contribution to now get a Hub 4 as what was originally miss-sold and agreed to)

Hub 4 supposed to have been delivered yesterday by Yodel - and we have nothing, no messages, no tracking from Yodel....then 3hrs on calls to 5 different VM people today - all promising to resolve - and call back.....now 8hrs later still nothing - no call backs - no updates - and NO HUB 4 !!

Still unable to use VM services that we have contracted yet my contract is live and running....what a farce !! - we have rovers on Mars and can remotely control a drone there....yet here, we can't get and order correct or a delivery made....wow...shocking

Here's my final message to VM, get my account sorted in next 24hrs or we cancel in cooling off period (even before getting to try if the actual products have improved since 2016) - if not sorted, the equipment you've sent that I can't use (V6 boxes, Hub 3..etc) will be ready for you to collect from outside my property and in from the street. Likewise, if I also then get a 1st months bill - you will be countered by a small claims being issued in the county courts.

Clock is now ticking....

0 Kudos
vmrunreliable
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: New Customer - frustrated and about to cancel in cooling off period - shocking service TBH

There may be rovers on Mars but Virgin Media didn't put them there.

Personally I think you're over reacting. Why should you get what you were sold, for someone to win someone else has to lose!

I'm willing to bet you won't go to small claims court, you won't cancel your contact and you'll be on these forums making the same idle threats for years to come.

0 Kudos
WarHammer
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: New Customer - frustrated and about to cancel in cooling off period - shocking service TBH

Small claims court "threat" will be an action if VM send me a bill after I've cancelled during cooling off period for 1st months fees - if they do charge such fees and don't refund me for services undelivered and in breach of cooling-off period rights -  then yes a court claim will be made without fear 

Oh - and as VM are closed for phone calls, I've already commenced the process of written cancellation as will this will be quicker than the many failed promises they have made when called.

Enjoy your own VM experience and suck it up !!

0 Kudos
goslow
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Can't work out from #1 if you have activated your services yet but your cooling off period starts from activation or later so, if you haven't activated yet, your cooling off period hasn't started

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/the-legal-stuff/terms-and-conditions-for-fibre-optic-services#cooli...

If you are planning a small claim via the courts, the expectation AIUI is that you have tried to resolve the issue with VM via arbitration first of all

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/law-and-courts/legal-system/small-claims/the-rules-about-making-a-...

You may well find that the VM forum team on here are more effective and helpful than some of the other channels of VM support if that changes your view any. They typically respond within a few days on here.

Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Good afternoon @WarHammer

Welcome back to our Community - I was sorry to understand that you seem to be having some issues with your new installation of services and that your equipment has yet to be delivered; I can only apologise. 

Your 14 day cooling off period will only start from the date your account and services are activated; as you have not yet had your equipment delivered or installed, your account is not active and as such your cooling off period has yet to begin. If you wish to cancel before the services have been installed, our pre-installs team can cancel your order for you - no charges would come of that as you we're never installed. 

The only way you will get a 1st months bill is if you install your equipment, activate it and your account becomes active. Your first bill will then be sent around 10-14 days after installation depending on your billing cycle. 

If you have been sent equipment that you're unable to install an active due to the delay with a Hub4 delivery, then this will need to be returned to us. If it is not, you could be liable for these charges as the equipment does not belong to you. They can be returned to us via pre-paid packaging which can be either sent automatically once we have cancelled your installation or you can order online

Whilst our physical centres may be closed or on restricted access - all our call lines are open. We can be contacted on 150/03454541111 if you would rather call us. 

Now - from being able to locate your account and take a look, I can see that initially you we're sent a Hub3 as per the initial sales. Then, a few days later, your account was identified as being allowed a Hub4 upgrade. This was done automatically on the system - as yet, we do not have a tracking number for the new Hub. However, we can see that you have the Hub3 and there is no reason as to why you can't install and activate this whilst awaiting the hub swap

This would then give you services whilst awaiting the swap. 

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
WarHammer
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Katie - however.....

Your pre-install Team @ VM clearly told me the Hub3 I've already received will not work (I asked them the same question you've stated in your reply) - they categorically told me this on the 3 times I asked if they were sure (they gave some reasoning as the Hub3 is "tied-in" to the previous now superseded order - hence won't activate....fyi I did also try it just to be sure and indeed Hub 3 doesn't stay connected after power-up).

So assuming they are correct in that it doesn't work due to being "associated" with the previous order - I'm still not able to do anything with the rest of the equipment or services until I receive the Hub4 - which is no where to be seen !! and no one is chasing it up except me (which isn't my job - is VM's !!)

As I've now technically received "some" of my equipment (as per VM's T&C's point #1) - my cooling off period is already counting down as from mid-last week.....so is it that my 14 days timescale is being eroded whilst still unable to activate or use the services contracted for.? - as I don't see any wording that says the service needs to be "activated" in the first #3 points of the T&C's for cancelling during cooling off period.

Now, as a "customer" of VM -and having already wasted 4hrs and spoken with 5 VM personnel - I'd expect some customer service and someone at VM's end to own the problem and see it through to resolution and get it fixed - not me keep trying to do my own customer service chasing VM

So I would appreciate if you or a VM colleague could kindly "proactively" call me/contact me in some way to either update me on Hub4 whereabouts (seeing as VM's system said it should have delivered on Friday - yet still no tracking info from Yodel) - or advise how to get the Hub3 I've received in error, working on an old/cancelled and superseded order in your system (as your pre-install team says it won't and when I tried it doesn't)

Thank you for replying and let's see if this situation can be remedied before the inevitable happens.

WarHammer
0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for popping back @WarHammer

From looking at your account there should be no reason as to why the Hub3 won't work - however, no equipment have been installed or activated which is why it won't work. As the equipment has not been installed or activated, your account is also not active and as such your 14 days right to cancel has not started.

Your 14 day period will only start once your account is active. 

As yet we do not have a tracking number for your Hub4 - I can only apologise about that. 

If you are still wanting to go ahead with the new account then our pre-installation team will be happy to help you out; as the account is not yet active, it can only be handled by the pre-installation team; I am sorry.  If you have decide you no longer wish to go ahead with it, you will also need to chat to our Pre-Installation team to cancel. 

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
WarHammer
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Katie,

As suspected and mentioned before - Hub3 fires up ok - but won't connect to the internet - router says "no internet connection" internet access denied.

My guess (but I'm no VM expert) is that this Hub3 is not "handshaking" with VM servers to enable/authorise use to the internet as technically this Hub3 has been "cancelled" as part of the new super-seeding order with the yet missing Hub4.

Given the above - how do I get to "activate" / use this Hub3 in the meantime whilst waiting VM to find out where my missing Hub4 is please?

Also, according to the router  - this Hub3 is now live and connected to VM servers so my 14 days cooling-off period is running and counting

T^hanks

0 Kudos
David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to us WarHammer

I've attempted to follow a flow on our systems and have been advised to send hits to your equipment

However, these have failed to send and therefore we may need to have an engineer visit your property to complete the installation of the services.

Check out the purple envelope in the top right hand corner for a private message from me, and I'll seek to confirm your full address and contact number

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos