Menu
richardmc85
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

New Customer Issues

Hi All, just curious if anyone has had any issues like I am having at the moment.

New customer, signed up on Sunday via RewardsGateway (virginmediapartners.com) website as a perk we get from my employer.

Chose a deal from there, completed the order and got a confirmation email.

Further email on Tuesday saying there was a problem and VM need to speak to me. I called, guy who answered could see a price 'mismatch' issue, but he couldnt resolve. Promised call back - didnt happen.

Called today, passed between a few dept before sales took control, signed me up for the correct deal at £10 more a month than my offer (+ a pair of sim cards I wanted for the kids) and then passed me over to the pre-install team to ask them to match my deal (i.e. reduce by £10 to match what I signed up to).

Literally spent the last hour trying to explain how I got the deal, shared the weblink and still they literally do not believe me. No knowledge of these deals, don't exist, I must have some evidence etc etc. I literally have email confirmation and screenshots of the website to prove the deal is still live as I type this.

Additionally, just to make things more interesting, my new account no/area code to register for an account don't work either. I get an error page when I try to register. I know the details are right because the sales team confirmed them?

Am I unlucky, or is this really a sign of things to come?

0 Kudos
Sasha_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: New Customer Issues

Hi @richardmc85

Welcome to the forum page and welcome to Virgin media! 

Very sorry to hear you're having these experiences with us already, I can appreciate this is not ideal. 

However after taking a look at your account via your forum information, I can see that you have spoken to our team and have agreed an offer. It does look like they have reduced your package price a little bit and does look like you have agreed to it.

Can I just confirm, is the price and package all happy now or are you still having issues? 

Please do let me know. 

Thanks 

Sasha - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
richardmc85
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Sasha_W

Thanks for your reply.

No, the sales team were able to match the package contents only, at £10 more than what I signed up for. So they couldn't get any lower than £55 - it should be £45.

It was then explained that I would be passed over to the pre-install team who (suggested by the sales team) could adjust the ongoing monthly price as they would have more option to do so. Unfortunately, this is where it has stalled, as the pre-install team simply didnt believe what I was saying. I also appreciate there was an obvious language barrier with the pre-install team that really didnt help.

I have confirmation emails and screenshots of the website I used and happy to evidence them. 

I just need someone to resolve it and adjust the package price to what I signed up for.

0 Kudos
Travis_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi @richardmc85

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

I'm going to private message you now to collect some more information, please keep an eye on your inbox.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos