Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

*New Customer - First Month Payment*

Hi. I'm a new customer and booked broadband yesterday via chat. I established with the agent that my first month's payment would be the contractual amount plus engineer cost, and that's what it says in my contract. However, I received an automatic email to say that I will also pay one month in advance so I suddenly and unexpectedly have a huge first bill that was never agreed.

I can't get through to Virgin Media to confirm this departure from our agreement. Can anyone here confirm that I will have to pay a month in advance on top of everything else?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: *New Customer - First Month Payment*

Hello

When you receive you first bill you will have to pay too your billing date and then one month in advance, this has always been the case. All VM services are paid for one month in advance, pretty sure that most ISP's do this.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Actually that's not true. I was about to have Vodafone install broadband (but they messed up hence moving to VM) and they weren't charging what is effectively one month upfront.

VM may have always done it but neither my contract mentions it nor did the online chat agent who confirmed the first payment amount I deliberately quoted which did not include an extra one month at all.

This is dishonest and not a great start with VM. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super solver
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your post and for reaching out to the Community Forums, Summers_C

Apologies if it wasn't made clear that the first bill will always be larger due to it being a prorated bill reflecting the date from installation to the upcoming month, this bill will also have any activation fees from the install. Any bills afterwards would only be the monthly charge. Any changes made to your package afterwards such as adding or removing channels/packages will produce a bill that may be larger than the monthly rate.

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos