cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Customer Deals v Loyalty Customer Deals

Marv95
On our wavelength

My Contract is finishing early August 2023. I have been with Virgin for 15 years.

There is a New Customer Deal (that offers the same package but better Broadband Speed) that I want to take out (which is significantly cheaper) but I am barred from taking it forcing me to leave Virgin for 1-3x months and re-join in the hope that I can get this New Customer deal.

As I understand it there is New Legislation coming out soon forcing Suppliers to offer deal to everyone not just enticing New Customers. So why if my Contract is ending why aren't I treated as a New Customer and have access to the better deals. It seems to me that it is ridiculous that I have to leave when I have all the equipment and I have the Service that I want.

Also, why does it always take 3hrs to get any where on a call with Virgin or in my case NOT get any where. I have requested a Manager contact me & they are never available. I am now waiting for the Retentions Team to contact me but it is highly likely they will not offer me the New Customer Deal so I will have to leave. I am looking at Toob at the moment. Virgin are infuriating!!!

52 REPLIES 52

No problem and thank you for letting us know we are sorry to hear this. Cheers 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

@Daniel_Et. - this is not true.  When I joined NTL back in 2003 there were no introductory offers.

Could you pass this feedback onto the relevant teams and ensure I get my long overdue introductory offer in December given that all customers benefit from an introductory offer.

Regards

arrgee1991

@Daniel_Et wrote:

As with all providers, we create introductory offers for new customers. At the start of all our customers’ time with us, they will have benefited from such a deal.Once this expires, we'll always do all we can to offer the best existing customer deal available.

We always take on board feedback we receive and will certainly pass this along to the relevant teams

vmrunreliable
Superfast

If I was you I'd use the opportunity to get as far away from virgin media as possible.

If you're sure you want to stay with them, do you have anyone else in the house that could sign up for the account instead of you? If you time it right, you can get the 'new' account up and running the same day your account expires.