Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

New Contract end date incorrect

I reluctantly accepted a new deal last night as my existing deal comes to an at the beginning of december. I rang a couple of weeks ago and was told to ring back in a couple of weeks as i would be offered a better deal. Not so was offered a deal about £12 more. I was then told there were deals on black friday for existing customers so virgin would ring me back yesterday which they did. The deal i was offered was £5 more than new customers so not bad but obviously could not claim any cash back etc. This was the bigger bundle sports + movies however i didn't know there was also the ultimate oomph bundle at the same price for new customers which offers a lot more especially in terms of broadband. 

However my concern is that today when i checked my new contact it states that my deal ends in August 2020 and not November 2020. I rang up virgin to be assured that the new deal is 12 months So if its 12 months why not state 12 months on my contract. I told them i didn't believe them as i had read issues of people having this problem before and discounts ending as per there contract they had sent. 

I wasn't happy firstly as after being with virgin for 23 years they dont want to seem to make you a priority and give you good deals and secondly being lied to on the phone about the length of contract being offered. So i actually said ok i will cancel and they didn't seem bothered just said fine your contract will end on 30th december.

I dont want to leave virgin but what are you supposed to do?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: New Contract end date incorrect

Hi jmay31, 

Welcome to our community forums!

Sorry to hear you've had some problems renewing your contract.

We would normally advise you to speak to our team on 150 / 0345 454 1111 for anything to do package changes, however in this case as you've already been in touch and had a contract I am more than happy to take a look at your account 🙂 

I have sent you a private message, please reply when you can. 

Many thanks, 

Hetty_R
0 Kudos