cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Contract breached by VM

racepro
Joining in

I doubt anyone is reading this but here goes.
I added the RacingTV channel back into my package.
The contract amount was £92.56 per month. I received an email copy
of the contract to that effect. The channel was not added even after almost 3 weeks and I
phoned VM and wasted a good 3 hours on the phone to Philippines. while they
tried to find the new contract. I was then transferred to India and wasted another
haour or so covering the same ground.
Eventually I was transferred to the UK and spoke to Mr Shirali who understood the mistake was by the agent in the Philippines and proceeded to rectify it by charging a contract price £107.00 and would issue a refund for the difference. Mr Shirali also connected the new channel.
Mr Shirali went onto say he would provide me with an email address on Monday 13-Nov in order that I could attach a copy of my new contract as provided at the time the new contract came into force. As of 6pm Wed 15-Nov there is no sign of an email from Mr Shirali. It was clearly a mistaken quote from the agent in the Philippines. If I have an emailed copy of the contract surely there must be a copy over in VM. I need VM to honour the contract. I will gladly forward the contract email for confirmation if I have an email address to send it to.

I have been bashed from pillar to post with all this inadequate support nonsense and unless I hear from VM to resolve the issue within the next 48 hours I will seek legal counsel as it is a clear breach of contract by VM.
Again I'd be surprised if anyone will read this

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @racepro,

Thank you for getting back to me via private message. I'm glad that we've now been able to address and resolve your concerns.

Please do let us know if there's anything else that we can help you with.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @racepro,

Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm so sorry to hear that there's been some confusion with the pricing of your bundle. Would you mind clarifying the situation with the documentation that you've mentioned? Have you received confirmation of the bundle from us? What documentation are you looking to send to us exactly and why? 

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

racepro
Joining in

Thank You Zach for your prompt reply,

The documentation I wish to forward to VM is the confirming contract email I received from VM on 29-Oct-2023. Below is part of the contract showing future monthly payment of £92.56. Please note I have not posted the bundle but can do upon request. I wish to forward full email to VM to verify and make the adjustments as promised by Mr Shirali last weekend.

Virgin Media Payment summary
New monthly payment£92.56*
From month 16 of your original plan your total monthly cost will be £127.56*. The remainder of your original 18 month minimum term applies.
As you've changed your package part way through your billing cycle your next bill will feature only part of the charge for your new service. You'll pay the full amount you were quoted every month after that.
Enjoy your new services!
The Virgin Media Team

Hi @racepro

At this stage I'm going to bring you into a private message with me as we'll be able to investigate further from there and discuss more than we can publicly for security reasons. Please respond to the private message when you can and we'll proceed from there with this.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team

racepro
Joining in

Can we proceed ? I posted my details but no response since. I was wondering if the reply was received. Please advise,

Thanks

Ian

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Ian,

Looking at Zach_R's profile he hasn't been online since the 16th when you both posted. He will probably reply when he's next online and reads your reply.

It's very likely that he's on his dayys off. The forum staff work on a rota basis, the same as phone agents.  Some of the forum staff also work on other parts of VM's socail media network.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi Racepro, 

Thanks for your reply, as @newapollo has already mentioned Zach has been off since he last posted, but he should be in later today.

Please be patient and he will contact you again soon. 

Thanks,

Megan_L

Hi @racepro,

Thank you for getting back to me via private message. I'm glad that we've now been able to address and resolve your concerns.

Please do let us know if there's anything else that we can help you with.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team