cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Contract - Virgin took £70+ instead of £7 from my bank

shaz4
Tuning in

Got a new 18 month contract in April.  The first payment (May) was supposed to be £7.and some pence (which would make it a 17 month contract) but virgin took £75.44 instead, which makes my new contract even shorter.  Besides the length of the 18 month contract being out, more importantly I am down almost £70.    Can I have that returned please, forthwith.  Thanks.

1 REPLY 1

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi shaz4, 

Thanks for taking the time to contact us via the Community. It's lovely having you on board with us in the Forums.

We're sorry to hear your first bill is more expensive than you were expecting. 

When your services are installed/activated you’re assigned a billing cycle in our system. On average it can take 16 days to create your first bill, in which time you’ll have been receiving services from us. Your first month of service will start on your day of installation, and will cover 1 calendar month. This bill will cover your 1st calendar month (from your installation date), plus your month in advance. 

From next month you’ll only be billed for a standard month in advance. You can view more information on your first bill here 👉 Your first bill explained

In terms of the length of your contract, the 18 months will start from the date your services are installed/activated. 

If you need further help, pop back and let us know so we can help further. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs