Menu
wilko154
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

New Contract Not Confirmed

Hi,

I cancelled with Virgin two weeks ago, and the next day got a call back with retentions making me an offer to stay. The deal was great so I accepted.

Today I've had a text to say my service will soon be stopped. I've checked my account and the new contract isn't showing.

I called customer service and they said there is nothing showing on my account, and to stay would cost me £20 a month more than I agreed with retentions.

Is there anything I can do about this? If not then I'll let the cancellation roll through and have nothing further to do with Virgin.

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: New Contract Not Confirmed

Hi wilko154,

You're best speaking to retentions (thinking of leaving us) again and ask them to process the regrade at the agreed price.

Unfortunately the Forum Team can't help with regrades.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
wilko154
Joining in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply.

I tried calling customer service again, unfortunately no help as they have no record of the contract I agree and wouldn't honour it.

I will continue with the disconnection of services next week now. Very frustrating.

0 Kudos
Travis_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

My apologies for the inconvenience @wilko154

If the team were able to provide the contract you're asking around, they'd definitely do so but with no proof unfortunately they wouldn't be able to sort this.

It'll be a real shame to see you go.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
wilko154
Joining in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I have the mobile phone number of the agent that called me. Are you able to confirm if this is a VM employee or if it was a scam number?

I have tried calling them back today but it goes to a Virgin Media answerphone currently.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Travis_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi @wilko154

Did the call come from an 07 number? 

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
wilko154
Joining in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Yes it was an 07 number, he advised he was working from home currently.

0 Kudos
Travis_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I see, what was the call surrounding? 

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

0 Kudos
wilko154
Joining in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

The call on 3rd June was related to a new contract offer with the outbound team. Called me on an 07 number and I agreed a new contract.

Monday I had a text to say disconnection will be next week. I called customer service and they didn’t have any details of a new contract.

I called the 07 number and he called back yesterday, left me a voicemail to say apologies the contract will go through in the next 24 hours. But it still hasn’t gone through and I’ve now had another text to say disconnection will be Monday.

I’ve tried calling the 07 number back but goes to voicemail.

Customer Service have no details of the calls or contract agreement.

It’s possibly the worst customer service I’ve had from a company, currently my options are to take up a contract with customer service for £20 more than I agreed or leave and take up a Sky deal that has now gone up in price since I decided to leave for them initially.

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi wilko154,

It is very strange - it sounds like a genuine call given the timing and things discussed over the phone. However from here, I don't believe that I can see any notes from this outbound call.

We are keen to help with this, so I'll pop you over a PM now so I can take some more details and look into this further for you.

Thanks,

Beth

0 Kudos