Menu
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

New Contract Negotiations

I'm 6 month's into a renewed 12 month contract, would it be possible to renegotiate a new 18 month contract that have recently been introduced (I'm not looking at reducing my Services) or do I need to wait until the last month of my current contract, any sound advice would be gratefully received, thanks. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: New Contract Negotiations

Historically they've usually been more than happy to let you upgrade and take a new contract before the old one expires.  Downgrading I can't say, but would seem less likely.

Either way, you'll have to get through to a human capable of managing your request, and the only thing I can say is "good luck with that".

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: New Contract Negotiations

You can upgrade your contract at any point. Adding a new service (for example adding TV) may incur additional one-time charges such as activation. If you're just upgrading a service you already have (for example broadband speed), you'll be charged a pro-rata on the old contract and be upgraded the next working day.

From what I know, downgrades are a little more confusing, you can downgrade something you already have (going from 220+ channels to 110+ channels), and will be charged the pro-rata. If you want to remove a service entirely, you would have Early Disconnection Fees.

You can call 0345 454 1111 and selecting Option 1 to get through to people who can handle package changes 🙂