Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

New Broadband/TV/Phone Acco

Hi there, 

I signed up to Virgin BB, TV & Phone yesterday as having woeful BB speeds from Plusnet. One thing we didn't discuss on the phone was whether I needed to contact my previous provider (Plusnet) or whether Virgin did that automatically? 

Anyone know?

Best wishes, 

Pam

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: New Broadband/TV/Phone Acco

I am a virgin media field technician . All and any advice given is based on my experience in the field or my personal experience with my own equipment at home. If my answer was helpful to you please mark as helpful.

Why not save yourself £50 by referring a friend to virgin media. For more information please DM me

Usually if you have asked to keep your remaining number then virgin media will contact your provider for you , if this was not discussed on the call then I would advice to contact your provider yourself 

Whilst I check on this for you could I ask you to go back to the original thread and mark my response as helpful and leave a thumbs up.
Thanks.

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: New Broadband/TV/Phone Acco

Only if you asked to port your landline would any action be taken at PlusNet.

If you did ask for a port, your landline, if it is with PlusNet, will be cancelled, as will your broadband.

If you asked for a port, if your landline isn’t with PlusNet, it will be cancelled but your broadband won’t.

If you have TV with another supplier, this will not be cancelled.

It will be difficult at these times but it is always best to explicitly cancel with your previous supplier but you should be aware that your landline with a previous supplier must still be active when Virgin Media try to port your number.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Thanks for the advice. I will cancel with Plus net

Thanks for the advice. I will cancel with Plus net

0 Kudos