Menu
MacmillaN
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

New Box Promised.

Virgin contact us at the end of last month to re-negotiate our contract.

We was moved onto a Package which included Sky Sports HD and Sky Movies HD and increase our broadband package too whilst keeping all current channels for around £111.00 a month, We have a V6 and an older TIVO Box.

The agent on the phone also wanted us to move onto a package which included Sim cards for mobile phones as part of the new package, but we declined that offer due to we was happy with our current supplier in relation to the sim cards

We enquired about replacing the TIVO box with a newer model, due to is showing it's age due to having a V6 in the household too, she then put us on hold as she had to speak to a manager, she stated that we will send out a new box to replace the Tivo due to us not taking up the offer of the mobile sim cards.

Reason i have posted is because i have as of yet not received the new box as promised.

Just wondering if someone could hopefully assist in this matter!

0 Kudos
WoahWoahUser
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: New Box Promised.

Honestly take the sim card if it’ll make your cost go down and gives you a V6 box.  There’s no point in not taking it just don’t use it in a phone. You could use it in a mobile hotspot if you want. 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

So you're asking two things here..

Firstly - the mobile SIM. Ultimate Oomph bundles include a Virgin Mobile SIM, if the overall package is cheaper for you then no-one (AFAIK) is going to force you to use the SIM if you don't want. Keep it in a spare phone, file it in a drawer, I don't see any reason why you must use it if you're happy with your existing provider. Much like the landline that it's often cheaper to have although many people don't want them - have it installed but leave it unplugged.

Secondly - the box swap. If you login to your "My Virgin Media" online account, is there anything showing under "My orders"?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
MacmillaN
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I declined the mobile sim options in return the lady on the phone said she would arrange a replacement of a TIVO box in return due to not taking up the sim card offer.

I cannot see anything within my orders via MyVirginMedia.

0 Kudos
newapollo
Hero
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I agree, call back and query why the new box isn't showing, and take up the Ultimate Oomph offer at £110 a month.

As per the other posters, you don't have to use the sim.

You have a 14 day cooling off period on any package change.

On the Unlimited Oomph package, aside from the higher speed, anytime landline calls, and the unlimited sim, you also have the advantage of,

to quote VM", And if your broadband ever goes down, we’ll add Truly Unlimited data to all SIMs on your account and send a technician to sort any issues the next day"

Also the V6 is a far superior piece of equipment compared to the tivo

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos