Menu
lisson19
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

New Account Registration

Hi. Having received a paper bill for a rental property I own I wanted to register for paperless bills. I followed the instructions on the back of the bill and registered a new account. Went through the procedure and set up a new email address. Finally the system told me I would be sent an email to the new email address which I had to click to verify but I cannot access the new email address' inbox. I went to the My Virgin Media page and tried to log in with the email address and password I had just created but it said I needed to click the link in my inbox. How can I click this link to verify if I cannot log into that account?

0 Kudos
Shelke
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: New Account Registration

It sounds like you entered a non-existent VM email into the existing email address field of the registration form. Many people have done it before and it has left them in the exact situation you're in. There's an option at the top of the form for entering an existing email address which many people mistake for where to create a new VM email. The actual email address creation option is further down the page behind some check boxes.

That leaves you in the catch 22" situation. Can't get your activation link and can't go nowhere.

You can either contact customer services on the telephone number 150 or 0345 454 1111 from any non-VM phone. Ask them to sort out the registration issue so that you can get the link sent to an email address you already own. Alternatively you can wait a couple or days or so and a member of the Forum Team here will help you out.

lisson19
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Shelke, That is what I did but only because it would not progress without it. I initially just filled in the lower box to create a new address. I also tried to call customer services but having spent 20 minutes waiting with no reply I decided to give up - not the first time I have had to do this unfortunately. Fingers crossed that a member of the Forum Team will help me out soon. Thanks again for your input.

Shelke
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

They will be able to sort it. Out of curiosity have you tried using the 'thinking of leaving us' option (option 4) from the phone menu? Most of the time you get through to someone helpful in the UK. I know I had issues in the past going through the option two route on the phone menu as it often takes a long time to get through to someone, only to end up speaking to someone who often didn't understand the issue(s.)

lisson19
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Haven't tried that. Will see how I get on with the Forum Team first.

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi lisson19

Thanks for your post 

Shall we get this fixed now for you 

If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen 

You will find some security questions so I can gain account access

Gareth_L

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hello again 

I will need to register this with Our IT Team 

It can take up to 7-10 days to be resolved 

As soon as I have an update I will be back in touch 

Gareth_L

lisson19
Tuning in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Gareth, any news on this? As you may recall the house is owned by me but rented to tenants. The tenants tell me that they have all been kicked off the broadband and it is asking for a new password. Is this something Virgin has done?

0 Kudos