cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netflix - plan change to Premium constantly rejected

Selva147
Tuning in

I have a bundle that includes Netflix Standard as part of it. Adding my existing Netflix account and swapping the subscription over to Virgin Media was straight forward, all good there.

I used to have a UHD subscription with Netflix so I wanted the same and I knew beforehand I could pay £5 extra a month to get the UHD and the rest of the perks that come with it, so I went ahead and upgraded my plan, I was happy, but only for a brief moment. After a few minutes of getting a confirmation via email, I was surprised to get another email saying that my plan change was declined with the following text "Unfortunately, Virgin Media did not approve your plan change, so we had to move you back to your previous plan. Please contact Virgin Media if you have questions about why this change was not approved."

I've tried it several times with the same result. I was even more surprised when I came to the forums and saw that many people are having the same challenge since 2022 and there doesn't seem to be an automatic or self-service solution.

I tried contacting Virgin via phone with no luck, then via chat where I provided a couple of links of folks with the same problem:

After some time I was told that, and I'm quoting from the transcript here: "I have successfully raised a request and our dedicated team will look into this for you. The Reference Id is 136432_14939 and you will receive an email update within 48 hours".

It's been now a week and I didn't receive any communication from the Virgin team nor the problem has been fixed. Does anyone know how to get it sorted for good or can someone from the Forum Team that can help?

24 REPLIES 24

Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Selva147,

Thanks for posting, and sorry to hear you're having some issues with the Netflix account. So I can take a closer look at this, I've popped you over a private message to get a few more details from you.

Alex_Rm

JasonF10
Joining in

Hi, this is exactly the same issue I am having with Virgin. I have contacted them about 15 times so far to only be told the same that someone from technical team will be in touch in 48hours and no one ever is. The fact so many people are having the same issue is behind belief. I even asked if there could just cancel my netflix and send a new activation code only to be told that there can cancel it but I might have to pay £16 for the monthly fee.

Hi Jason, 

Welcome back to our community forums and thank you for your first posts.

Sorry to hear you are having issues with your Netflix package upgrade. To best help with this I have sent a private message. Please keep an eye out for an envelope at the top right corner of your Forum page. Let me know if you have any issues locating this.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hey Jason,

I'm with you, I was contacted via private message after my post and still have no resolution. I called Virgin over the weekend and asked to speak to a supervisor because I was being told that the subscription had to be managed with Netflix... I explained the whole problem again, they were very apologetic, gave me a reference case number and said I would hear back in 5 working days, I really hope that's the case.

It been such a problem that at some point I thought the same, just cancel Netflix with them and pay it separately, but that's not right so hopefully they will fix it. 

Will update on what happens next.

Hi @Selva147,

I am very sorry to hear that your Netflix issues appear to be ongoing. Please let us know if the issue is ongoing for you and/or you're awaiting further details after the 5 working days have passed and we'll go from there.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Clubchamp12
Joining in

Hi

I'm having exactly the same issue. Brand new customer to VM and logged into my netflix account on my VM box and accepted the upgrade to UHD. Was declined by VM. Contacted them and eventually was told it was a Netflix issue and I had to contact them instead, even though the email clearly stated the issue is with VM. Spoke to netflix package was upgraded, 5 mins later email saying declined by VM. Again after being passed around what felt like the entire VM organisation, a ticket was raised and I was assured it would all be resolved in 5 days and I would be kept informed. 

To date, had nothing from VM at all, except my bill which includes the extra £5 Per month charge for something they are not yet providing. Unreal.

The service I have experienced so far is nothing short of shocking and actually trying to speak to someone to own and resolve an issue is nigh on impossible 

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Clubchamp12, thank you for reaching out on our help forums and for your first post here.

Glad to have you on board with our community! 🙂

We're sorry to hear of the issues with your Netflix subscription and this error when trying to access titles in UHD/4K due to this.

We'd love to assist, in order to have a look into what's happened and help from there I will send you a PM shortly.

Please, check the top right-hand side of our page to find a white envelope.
Click on this and you'll see my message.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Nosirrah
Tuning in

This happened to me, by process of elimination here's the cause and the fix. 

For whatever reason virgin sometimes declines the upgrade, but strangely registers you as having Premium HD on "my virgin media", this makes it impossible to try upgrading again because Virgin's system believes you have Premium and will always reject attempts to upgrade. Virgin media must first remove Premium from your virgin account taking you back to standard Netflix, don't let them take it off and put it back on or you'll be in the same position. Once you're showing Standard HD on "My Virgin Media" you can then go to Netflix and upgrade to Premium successfully. 

Hi @Nosirrah, 

Thanks for taking the time. Can I ask where exactly within "My Virgin Media" should I see the Netflix subscription? I don't see any status on my Netflix subscription in "My Virgin Media" as far as I can tell.

Cheers