cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netflix now included in ultimate volt bundle but I'm having an issue getting it working

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello

I was really excited to watch something on Netflix after today's news about it being included it the ultimate volt bundle at no additional cost but it simply isn't working.

I checked my account and in my account under the manage streaming services section it shows that I have Netflix active as part of my bundle but I have no way to access it. When I click to manage Netflix it tells me I needs to manage my subscription through my Netflix account but I don't have a Netflix account tied to my virgin account.

I have tried clicking through to Netflix and trying to create a new account and link my virgin media account during the set up process but that's not an option and I have tried going on to the app on the 360 box to set up an account but that doesn't work either.

I have tried everything else I can think of with no luck and any help would be much appreciated

57 REPLIES 57

Hi @msullivan318

I am very sorry to hear that you've been having some issues with the activation of your inclusive Netflix service with your bundles. 

You should receive an e-mail with a tokenised link to allow you to activate Netflix, but we're aware of an issue where unfortunately some customers either don't receive the email or they do and it sadly doesn't work.

Apologies if you are impacted by this. This is being corrected, but the good news is that in the meantime you will still be able to activate your Netflix services.

To do this, please log into your My Virgin Media online account. Once you have logged in you'll see a Netflix tile, and there you'll have the option to activate your Netflix account by clicking on the purple Activate button.

This will then lead you to begin the activation process. Please follow each of the steps presented there to complete the activation of the service.

If you encounter any issues, please let us know.

This probably also applies to you as well @Tractorboy 

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Anyone had any luck with this?

I'm still unable to access Netflix and can't activate it on the my virgin media site.

When I log in I can't see any Netflix tile but I can still get to the manage subscriptions page through the app. It shows Netflix as active and the plan as included in my bundle but when I click to manage Netflix it says to manage my account by signing into my Netflix account despite never setting one up or connecting it to my virgin account. Been like this since Monday afternoon when I saw the announcements and started trying to get it working.

Be nice to finally get this sorted

Not working for me either. Also cannot see a Netflix tile when I log into my account. Although I have received an email confirming my account has been upgraded at no extra cost I have not received an email with any set -up codes or links. When I try to access Netflix it is asking me to confirm payment details...

Anonymous
Not applicable

Try using this link that I found through the virgin media app and see if your account says the same thing as mine does

https://www.virginmedia.com/my-virgin-media/package/manage-streaming-services

Mine shows Netflix as active and the plan as included in your bundle but the manage netflix option just tells me to log into my non existent Netflix account. Worth checking as maybe you will have better luck than me.

Hope this helps you in some way

Hello @Zach_R

Thank you for taking the time to respond. When I log into my virginmedia account, I can see the Netflix part and it says "Manage". When I click this, it says that the netflix account is "Active". There is no "Activate" button.

However, netflix have no record of linking my netflix account to virginmedia so the activation process failed (I did get an email to activate the inclusive netflix, but it gave an error message part way through the process). How do I proceed?

thanks

Hi @msullivan318

Thank you for your response.

If your online account is showing active without the option to activate, this indicates it is already complete for you.

Are you able to access and view Netflix?

Please pop me a reply when you can. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just been told by @Zack_R in a PM that I would need to recontract in order to get Netflix as anyone on the existing ultimate volt bundle is not eligible.

Typical Virgin Media ripping off existing customers. 

This still doesn't explain why it's been added to my account under the steaming services section and is listed as active but not much I can do about that.

My advice is to vote with your wallet. My contract isn't up until next year but I will look into switching when it's finished. Virgin Media won't change until people hit them where it hurts.

Hopefully others have better luck

I managed to get an activate button which when pressed did not appear to respond. On that page the activate button no longer appears. When I try to use Netflix it is still asking me for a payment method. I have been offered the option of partner payment , but usi ng that it says this method is not available yet try again later. Is an update to this at Virins end what we are now waiting for ?
Question - has anybody managed to access free of charge yet ?

Hi

Thank you for the response.

I have had netflix for many years, and my account with netflix is working fine. However, netflix customer services have confirmed to me that it is not linked to my virginmedia account, and will continue to use my card in the next billing cycle. 

So my virgin media account might think that netflix has been activated, and it may say that it has, but it has not. (I did get an error message partway through the virgin media activation process after clicking on the email link, so this is not a great surprise.)

So something has gone wrong in the linking - virgin media think it has worked, but netflix say it has not. Perhaps it could be reset and I can try again?

thanks

Hi @msullivan318, can you please tell me if you've been able to access your My Virgin Media account to see if the accounts can be merged together?

Kindest regard

David_Bn