cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netflix link does not work, cannot activate

KateS
Joining in

My package should include Netflix, when trying to activate from the email link I get error.

There is no Netflix button or link from /myaccount

This is the email:

"Great news – Netflix is included in your package with us. Follow the steps below to activate your Netflix account and start watching right away.

Step 1
Head straight to Netflix here and follow the steps to activate your account. Your Virgin Media package comes with a Netflix Standard Plan included, which allows you to watch in HD and on up to two devices at the same time, but if you want even more, you can simply upgrade to the Netflix Premium Plan for an additional monthly cost."

When clicking the link, I get this:

nerror1.PNGnerror2.PNG

Spoke to support chat help, they said it would be fixed within 5 days. It has been months. They said they would give me £10 to compensate, this has not been credited either.

15 REPLIES 15

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello KateS,

Thanks for your first post and welcome to our Community.
Sorry to hear you are having an issue with the activation of Netflix.  
I'd like to take a look into this for you.
If you don't mind, I will need to send you a private message to pass security. 
If you can check your logo at the  top right of your screen that would be great. 
Regards     
Gareth_L

Is there any possibility you could assist me too. I have the option to activate but i cant seem to get anywhere with it. i get the same error as above

Thanks

Paul

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello surrealist, 

Thank you for reaching out to us here on the community. 

We are sorry you are also experiencing an issue activating your Netflix service. 

Can you please try using another browser to activate the account?

Thanks, 

Nat

Ok I did try another browser and did get further. but when i go to sign up it tells me its gonna cost me £10.99 a month. Is this correct. I thought i got it free with my account

Thanks

Paul

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for your reply. 

Can you please confirm if your contract states Netflix is included within the package?

Nat

surrealist
Tuning in

On my account/entertainment services page it does give me the option to activate netflx. I dont know where to check but im paying £97 a month and my friend in work has same package but actually pays less and he gets it. 

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you.

I would be happy to take a look from our side and confirm this for you surrealist. 

To do this, I will pop you over a private message and this will be available via the red bar at the top of the page. 

Speak soon, 

Nat

Chicom69
On our wavelength

I’m four months in still don’t have Netflix working as it should….

Not worth asking in here. I was asked to DM them. Then give them all my details. Then they inform me they can't help me because they think Belfast is in the republic of Ireland. I even gave them my account no and postcode. Now they are just ignoring them. I'm going to call them. 

Shouldn't really be on here if they can't even work out what's in UK or not.,🥺😜 Madness