cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netflix included in package.

Whitegloves
Joining in

Hi, I am a long time VM customer and after years of bill increases I had enough and called the customer services to give my months notice to leave and join sky. 

the following day I had a call from somebody at virgin who told me they had authority to give me a good deal if I would want to stay, after a chat it was clear this representative was able to offer significant savings and an all round better deal. 

I ended up agreeing to stay having secured a huge monthly discount and Netflix was to be added to my package in the agreed price. 

herein lies the problem. I was sent an email setting out the new contract and Netflix was there with a green tick but I can’t access it without entering a Netflix contract of £13.99 a month. 

Any idea how I can resolve this issue?

many thanks.  

9 REPLIES 9

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Whitegloves,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the forums. 

Don't worry - it's a really easy fix. All information can be found; here. This is taken from the link provided; 'If you’ve completed the Netflix sign-up process through your V6 or TiVo box and have Virgin Media as your payment option, Netflix will notify us of your subscription charge which will be added to your Virgin Media account.'

I hope this helps 🙂 

Cheers. 

Hi, thanks for the reply. 

I was under the impression that it would be included in the price I agreed with the agent over the phone as that is what he told me. 

is there any way this can be resolved? 

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

I don' think there is anything to resolve - as from the line above from the link I provided, it would be when you sign up to Netflix through your box and as above, choose Virgin Media as your payment option, this would then go on your bill, leading to what you have agreed already balancing that out? So there won't be an additional charge. 

Sorry if I am not making that clear but I am unsure how to put it any other way, really sorry. 

Cheers. 

Hi Ryan. Thanks for replying. The problem I have is that virgin are limiting the amounts of people who can add their Netflix bill to their virgin media account. It states this on the link you sent me.

“Once your existing Netflix subscription ends, you may be able to add Netflix to your Virgin Media bill when you restart your subscription via your V6 or TiVo box. However as we’re currently offering Virgin Media Billing with Netflix to a limited number of customers who sign up through the Netflix app on your TiVo or V6 box, you may not see this option when you restart your subscription.”

Any idea who I should contact to sort this out? On the one hand virgin dangle the carrot of free Netflix to sign a new contract which I did but then they limit the sign ups available. 

I'm so sorry to hear this @Whitegloves. Can I just clarify, when you do attempt to sign in via the box what happens? 

Thank you. 

I am only able to sign in using a card payment. There is no option to add the bill to my virgin account. 

Can I ask if you try to log into Netflix using the same details you use for My Virgin Media, what happens? 

Thank you. 

Hi. I tried that and it returned a message telling me my login details are incorrect. 

Hi Whitegloves

Thanks for coming back to us.

I'll PM you now to assist further

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill