cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netflix have cancelled my account!

nforsyth
On our wavelength

I've had an email this morning from Netflix which says...

"Unfortunately, Virgin Media let us know that they were unable to bill your account through your Virgin Media subscription. We are cancelling your membership, effective on Wednesday, May 4th, 2022."

I've not cancelled this and, indeed, I've been billed for Netflix on my latest bill. 

Getting through to vm customer services is a legendary chore, so does anyone have any ideas? 

I could just reactivate it, but I never cancelled it and I don't want to be billed twice! 

68 REPLIES 68

Is there any guidance on what is happening.  We lost Netflix for four days so far, not an issue other than we pay for it and service not provided.   

Now my Virgin media says payment date 8th may, am I getting charged twice, when and how do I get access again.  I am guessing there are thousands have been affected, but is there a clear update and process for people getting back on line.

I am also now a volt customer.  You guys are sending me a modem, cool.  But what happens to my Netflix account now volt customer have deals with them?  Or is that upon renewal?

This is all quite frustrating 

nforsyth
On our wavelength

As an update to my original post, still no Netflix here, and I'm not keen to just resubscribe as I've already paid.

I do appreciate the response from VM on this thread and I'm sure it's being addressed, but some kind of official notification / email would be nice.

I'll deal with not getting what I've already paid for once a resolution to the initial issue is in place.... 😉

Mine is now being dealt with as a very helpful member of the forum team raised an IT ticket.

I do find it poor practice that we were not emailed about the issue in the first place and that I still haven’t had an official response 🤷🏻‍♀️

Benjy99
Tuning in

So this morning my Netflix status on my Virgin media app says renewal date is today!  Yesterday it said the renewal date was yesterday!  No user wide advice or anything.  What is going on?

Is it going to be reset?  Do we have to restart ourselves and hope we don't pay twice?  This is poor 😠

Hi @nforsyth, thanks for letting us know this has still not been resolved. Apologies for the inconvenience caused by this.

If you log into your online account here and click on the activate option this will then resume your subscription. The support team have confirmed this will not set up a second subscription.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

@Nathan_B wrote:

Hi @nforsyth, thanks for letting us know this has still not been resolved. Apologies for the inconvenience caused by this.

If you log into your online account here and click on the activate option this will then resume your subscription. The support team have confirmed this will not set up a second subscription.

Regards

Nathan

If that works , as we have been posting for weeks this returns an error response for most users...

Good Morning @Benjy99, can you confirm if you're able to access Netflix today?

Can you please advise me if the account was set up with the Virgin Media account, or was the an existing Netflix account that has been added to your Virgin Media bill?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

I am even more confused now.  I have logged on to Netflix through my 360 box, says I can start membership and is billed through virginmedia, only now it says I will be billed at 15.99 a month, when I was only on the 10.99?

So do I just change it?  What happens to me as I have now been upgraded to volt customer?

Also what does this mean for Netflix membership, is there a minimum contract length.  There really needs to be a help article explaining what has happened and what to do next etc.

Benjy

If you are a Volt customer that should be getting Netflix as part of your package free do not take the payment option..

I have done this twice so far as it was the advice at the time , but each time a few days later I have received an email from Netflix saying VM will not pay !

I understand from posts from those lucky enough to have received the elusive email the link in that does give you a "free" option.

Looks like we have to wait for a fix ( now been waiting 7 weeks !) however long that may take...

And agreed yes there should be a statement from VM saying what is happening and giving advice , but there has been nothing official in the 7 weeks since the launch of inclusive Netflix , and there have been problems and confusion from day 1

nforsyth
On our wavelength

@Nathan_B wrote:

Regards

Nathan

Thanks for the response, but I don't see any activate option on that page.

Maybe I'm being thick, but either way I don't see it 🤷🏻‍♂️