cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netflix have cancelled my account!

nforsyth
On our wavelength

I've had an email this morning from Netflix which says...

"Unfortunately, Virgin Media let us know that they were unable to bill your account through your Virgin Media subscription. We are cancelling your membership, effective on Wednesday, May 4th, 2022."

I've not cancelled this and, indeed, I've been billed for Netflix on my latest bill. 

Getting through to vm customer services is a legendary chore, so does anyone have any ideas? 

I could just reactivate it, but I never cancelled it and I don't want to be billed twice! 

68 REPLIES 68

Nathan_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @nforsyth, welcome back to the forum and thanks for your post.

Sorry to see you have seen an issue with your Netflix being cancelled. This is something the team are aware of. The last update we had was that the cause of the issue has been identified and the support team are working through all affected accounts to have this rectified.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused by this.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

nforsyth
On our wavelength

Thanks for the update, I'll wait for your team to sort it all out.

Nick

Thanks for you patience @nforsyth

If you have any further questions or concerns, please let us know. We'll be here to help if needed. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

• Would be grateful for an update on this. Do we just wait around for however long Virgin Media takes to rectify it, even though we’re still being billed, or do we rejoin Netflix and risk being charged twice?

Hi @SCoo

We were aware of an issue affecting some customers activating Netflix as part of their deal; this issue has been resolved and we are in the process of rectifying affected accounts. You should receive an email once your account is resolved with further details.

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Has the issue been resolved because I received the same email last night.

'Unfortunately, Virgin Media has let us know that your account could not be billed through your Virgin Media subscription. We are cancelling your membership, effective from Saturday, 7th May 2022.'

Will I be receiving another email advising you are rectifying this error?

Still not resolved and absolutely no information from virgin media.

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @SCoo,

Welcome, thanks for posting.

I am sorry that it is still not working for you.

I will send you a private message now, so I can see if I can raise this further. As It should be fixed for everyone now.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

I also received this email late last night; have reactivated through the VM app so hope nothing gets double charged (or broken).