cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netflix downgraded

Harrodinio
On our wavelength

I upgraded to TV 360 and the  new package incudes basic Netflix. I already had the Premium package so opted to pay the extra £5 to keep Premium. Dead easy. Or so I thought. However, Netflix have downgraded my account, saying Virgin have declined my request... Why on earth is this? Other users seem to have had the same experience. Every single thing with Virgin always seems to be riddled with problems. Nothing is ever straightforward. 

18 REPLIES 18

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Harrodinio, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community. 

We're sorry to hear you're having an issue with your Netflix account. 

Just so we can ensure we have the right information, is your Netflix account still active and being paid for by VM but only the basic version or has it all been cancelled? 

Pop back and let us know so we can help further. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Harrodinio
On our wavelength

Thanks for the reply. My Netflix account is still active and it says it's being paid by Virgin rather than my usual method. But I now just have the basic package. I followed the instructions and clicked on the upgrade button. It seemed to work but then 30 seconds later, I got an email saying the request had been declined and I was just put on the basic package. 

Hi Harrodinio, 

Thanks for coming back and confirming this. Were you upgrading through Netflix? 

If so can you try logging in to My VM and clicking on the Netflix tile to manage the subscription. Does it give you the option to upgrade there? If so, give that a try and let us know how you get on. 

Many thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Harrodinio
On our wavelength

I did it first via the email link you sent me. That was declined. That tried through the My Virgin app. Now it says: Bad request and I can't go any future... 

Hi Harrodinio, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this. 

I'm sorry to hear that you've hit another block now. 

Can you please try deleting the cache and cookies on the browser and then trying again? If this doesn't work then we will need to raise an IT ticket regarding this. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Harrodinio
On our wavelength

I've done that. And when I click on the email link now, it just takes me straight onto Netflix and opens the viewing screen. So still not working, I'm afraid... 

Harrodinio
On our wavelength

... Now when I click on the Netflix tab, it takes me to the Disney+ sign up screen... 

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello Harrodinio

Sorry this is still ongoing.

Are you able to log into and view Netflix on your old account. 

If so can you go to setting, choose billing details and see if an alternative option is there from Virgin Media.

Gareth_L

I can access the billing details but can't change anything within that section. It just says Standard plan.