Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Netflix con! Please help

I've been emailed by virgin saying my nexflix subscription has been added to my virgin media bill. I never asked for this to happen so called to ask them to remove this. Was told not virgins problem call Netflix which I did and got told that Netflix haven't done this and not their problem either. I've called virgin three times today begging for help and no one will help me. Very upset and have no idea what to do. I don't even have TV with virgin only the Internet so this makes no sense. I got so upset the virgin customer service lady actually started laughing at my distress. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Netflix con! Please help

Hi there @Christy33

Welcome to our Community and thanks so much for your first post - I was sorry to understand that you have had some issues with your Netflix billing appearing on your Virgin Media bill. 

In order to add the Netflix billing to your Virgin Media bill, this can only be requested via the set top box or via your Netflix account. 

If you do not wish to pay for your Netflix via your Virgin Media bill, you can opt out of this at anytime - however, only Netflix can change this and you would need to do this via your Netflix account. Netflix will then contact us and the payment will revert back to Netflix directly. 

You can sign into your Netflix account online and select "Update Payment Method" and this will enable you  to change how you pay for your Netflix - this is not something that we can do for you I'm afraid. 

For more information about Netflix billing, we have a dedicated page here

I do apologise about the experience you had when you called about this and that this was not explained fully to you; as a company who strives to offer every customer a great experience it's always disappointing to learn of instances where this hasn't been the case.

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I don't have a tivo box or any virgin box to watch TV on all I get is the Internet. I have contacted Netflix who have confirmed that I pay them directly and haven't asked to pay through virgin so nothing they can do. I have emailed Virgin through the customer complaints section and Virgin have now confirmed this was their error, appolgised and told me the Netflix subscription will be removed from my account and I will be refunded for the money taken in error. I hope this actually happens. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the update @Christy33 - glad that you have managed to get things sorted out with the team. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos