Menu
Powelly1
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Netflix charge but no account

So I decided I wanted Netflix and began the process however before completing it I decided I wasn’t prepared to pay £13.99. I got an email saying it would be billed via virgin. If this wasn't correct to click the link in the email to cancel. I clicked the link but there was no account found. Because I had never set it up. Now it’s on my bill and Netflix can’t cancel as I have no account. Virgin are referring me back to Netflix. However as it is them billing me it is their issue to resolve. So far I have had a response saying we have tried to contact me which didn’t happen. I spoke to an advisor that stated she would get her manager to call me back. That was two days ago. 

Please advise how to resolve before I lose my mind. 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Netflix charge but no account

HI Powelly1, thanks for the message. You are right we would not be able to cancel the netflix service and only they can do that for you. Can you confirm if you are able to access the netflix to view films through the set top box or is it asking you to register? ^Chris 

0 Kudos
Powelly1
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi, it’s asking me to register so there is nothing to cancel.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

You would need to contact netflix so that they can find the account, we can remove the code but as not cancelled with netflix the code would appear again the following month. They would need to cancel this for you ^Chris

0 Kudos
Powelly1
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Soooo, I set up Netflix and cancelled it incurring a 5.99 charge prior to the billing date to try and rectify this problem. as virgin are completely incapable. And still a charge. Not received any communication from Virgin despite numerous requests so it’s off for the ombudsman I go. I really regret the day I had this installed in my home. 

0 Kudos
David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to us Powelly1,

We will seek to take a closer look into this to see if we can have this resolved for you on our end.

Check out the purple envelope in the top right hand corner for a private message from me

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos