cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netflix cancelled

joffyvan
Tuning in

Had an email this morning from Netflix saying my account is cancelled as they have not received payment.  However, I have paid for Netflix via Virgin Media for over a year and not requested any changes - and Virgin are continuing to collect payment from me for Netflix.

Please help

35 REPLIES 35

philipmilnes
Tuning in

I also received an email this morning to advise that we no longer have Netflix subscription.

We also identified a TV error message which I see Virgin have noticed but will take 48 - 72hrs to fix!

"Unfortunately, Virgin Media let us know that they were unable to bill your account through your Virgin Media subscription. We are cancelling your membership, effective on Monday, June 13th, 2022."

I have paid for Netflix via Virgin Media for over a year and not requested any changes - and Virgin are continuing to collect payment from me for Netflix.

I have exactly the same message. Netflix invites me to renew my membership and also select a payment method. I am already paying for Netflix through Virgin Media.

I need this issue resolved immediately and adequate compensation for my inconvenience.

Regards, Philip milnes

Me too but it's asking to add a new payment method. This makes me think that they will charge me as well as Virgin charging me???

Good Evening @philipmilnes, thanks for your post on our Community Forums, and a very warm welcome to you!

Sorry to see that you've been effected by this issue between ourselves and Netflix.

I'd be happy to take a look into this for you, check out the purple envelope in the top right hand corner for a private message from me.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Hi David,

Thanks for coming back to me.

I've just sent a direct message to you using the blue envelope.

Regards, Philip

Same has happened to me. Been chasing for three weeks. Firstly said it would take a week to fix, then 48 - 72 hours, now well get back to you in 12 hours. they must be just reading from a script.

Its a shame we can't charge for our time, to hear the same rubbish being spouted everytime. They won't even pass you to someone higher up the food chain. 

No doubt it will be another phone call tomorrow  Post a question

Hi steve1500, 

We're sorry to hear that you're having an issue with your Netflix being cancelled. 

In order for us to get this resolved, we'll need to raise a ticket with the IT team. In order to do that I will need to confirm some information with you. 

I have sent you a private message regarding this and will investigate further once I receive your reply. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Aimshenderson02
Joining in

This seems to be a problem for a lot of people I’ve spoken to 5 people at virgin who have sent forms to head office and said I would get a call back at the end of the week I’m been waiting 5 weeks for my Netflix to apparently restart I’ve also been charged for it in this months bill that I was assured wouldn’t happen ! 
The service for this is absolutely shocking I’ve tried re doing it through the app but it won’t allow you to add it on because it’s already part of my package netflix are saying it because they haven’t received payment from virgin. Virgin are saying it’s because they haven’t received the codes from Netflix this is absolutely appalling service…. Still waiting for this call back I’ve been promised countless times and nothing 

Hi @Aimshenderson02,

Thanks for your post, and a warm welcome to our Community Forums.

I'm sorry to hear you're also experiencing a similar problem in relation to the activation of your Netflix. Can you please try heading to your My Virgin Media in a standard browser and then, when signed in, you should see an "Entertainment Services" section - please click this, and you will find a Netflix tab, which will then have a link to set up your Netflix service.

Please let us know how you get on with this method as it has been known to work for others recently.

Cheers,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

I have nothing it just mentions about adding it onto the bundle I have the colt bundle it should already be on and it says to ring virgin but they can’t answer me as to why it’s not working. There is no link to set up the Netflix service it was working and it’s not worked for 5 weeks now