Menu
Andy9966
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Netflix added to my account without authorisation

I have like many people have it seems had a Netflix account added to their Virgin account without authorisation.

I have tried to contact Netflix and like all the other people get nowhere as they cannot supply the required information.

I have tried contacting Virgin now 4 times via email and they do not even have the decency to reply.

Am posting here in the hope that someone from Virgin will actually have to common decency to reply and remove the Netflix account from my Virgin billing and refund the money they have taken.

0 Kudos
Tom_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Netflix added to my account without authorisation

Hi Andy9966, thanks for getting in touch.

I'm sorry to hear you've had some problems with a Netlfix account on your VM bill. I'd like to help get this sorted, please look out for my PM (the purple envelope) and get back to me when you can so we can investigate further. 

Tom

DaveRKeen
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I too have been billed for 6 months from March-September 2020 of Netflix Premium on my Virgin Media account. I did not request nor authorise this service as I have signed up with Netflix for over 18 months on the standard package. Nobody at Virgin Media can explain to me why this payment has been taken from me, and it took me a while with Netflix to cancel this service. 

This feels like daylight robbery, and despite having been a long-term Virgin customer for about 11 years, I am in the process of cancelling a new 18-month contract which I agreed today, as a result of Virgin's refusal to reimburse or credit me for the £71.94 excess payment they have received from me. This itself makes little sense as far as customer values go, but I must add that although the Billing Department were of no help, the Cancellation people were most agreeable and understood my frustration. They were very polite and accepted my decision to discontinue, as soon as I have set up my new service with BT. 

What I fail to understand is how Virgin Media can add to your Direct Debit payments without informing you by email, with an amended contract or addendum. This strikes me as dishonest, and I am assured by Netflix that they had nothing to do with billing me for their service twice over a period of 6 months. Netflix did manage to prevent Virgin Media from billing me further. 

The lesson for me is to monitor monthly bills closely. The lesson for Virgin Media is that they will lose more customers if they persist with their practice of increasing payment without warning.

0 Kudos
Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi DaveRKeen,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm very sorry to hear you had these unauthorized charges. 

Concerning Netflix charges this is something we would setup on our side. It would have needed to be setup through the Tv box itself. 

^Martin

0 Kudos