cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netflix activation

woodsy1984
Dialled in

I am having a nightmare with getting my Netflix activated. I'm an ultimate volt customer and when the offer was lauched I chatted on Whatsapp with VM to add Netflix to my account. This involved taking out a new contract which has been emailed to me.

I was told I would receive a email with a link to activate Netflix within 24. This didn't arrive. I chatted again via WhatsApp and was this time told I would receive an email within 48 hours. Again this didn't arrive.

In the meantime I had a Netflix tab appear on my virgin media account on the website, with an activation button to click. When I click on this I get an error message saying try again later or try via set top box.

I have had three phone calls to VM help. One said this is a problem that is affecting some customers but offered no solution.

One told me to set up netflix and take a subscription to pay via Virgin Media bill. He said that no money would be taken as I have it included in my package. I did this, and then received an email from Netflix cancelling my membership as the "account could not be billed through virgin media."

I have had another phone call with VM help. They had me clear my cache and cookies. Disconnect my modem from my TV. Try from my phone, a laptop and via the V360 box.

I still cannot get access to Netflix. Has anybody else had this problem and is there a solution. I'm sick of spending hours on the phone, repeating myself, and still getting nowhere. 

284 REPLIES 284

Superwoman2
On our wavelength

Yes to all of us

Just to set expectations I emailed the CEO about 4 weeks ago and apart from a couple of random emails did not have anyone contact me directly.

Hey necs, I have sent you a PM about this issues.

Has it come through at all?

Can you see a purple envelope in the top right? Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

It’s a dodgy company

and just look at the message form Matt again! No shame really. I would be horrified if I am in his position but he seriously has no shame 

Same old questions to confirm I am the account holder - it's becoming farcical now!

paul_55
On our wavelength

Just to add to the growing list, still no activation email and no Netflix tab/icon on my Virgin Media page either.

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @paul_55,

I'm really sorry to hear you're experiencing issues in regards to your Netflix service. We've been made aware that a fix has been deployed and is being rolled out to all affected customers.

Can you please check to make sure you've registered the correct email address with us, and it is up-to-date. Please also check your Junk folder as some emails may be sent there.

I can also see that you've spoken to the team recently in regards to this and are currently performing further investigations.

Cheers,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

I'll believe it when I see it!

Superwoman2
On our wavelength

Out of nowhere and just as I was launching my scathing email to the CEO, everything just worked!

I went on Netflix app via the virgin tv box and it said that I have Netflix through my virgin subscription and presented me with my email and asked for a new password !

all set and working

only took 6 weeks….

Mine worked for a day!

I hope this is permanent!