cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netflix activation

woodsy1984
Dialled in

I am having a nightmare with getting my Netflix activated. I'm an ultimate volt customer and when the offer was lauched I chatted on Whatsapp with VM to add Netflix to my account. This involved taking out a new contract which has been emailed to me.

I was told I would receive a email with a link to activate Netflix within 24. This didn't arrive. I chatted again via WhatsApp and was this time told I would receive an email within 48 hours. Again this didn't arrive.

In the meantime I had a Netflix tab appear on my virgin media account on the website, with an activation button to click. When I click on this I get an error message saying try again later or try via set top box.

I have had three phone calls to VM help. One said this is a problem that is affecting some customers but offered no solution.

One told me to set up netflix and take a subscription to pay via Virgin Media bill. He said that no money would be taken as I have it included in my package. I did this, and then received an email from Netflix cancelling my membership as the "account could not be billed through virgin media."

I have had another phone call with VM help. They had me clear my cache and cookies. Disconnect my modem from my TV. Try from my phone, a laptop and via the V360 box.

I still cannot get access to Netflix. Has anybody else had this problem and is there a solution. I'm sick of spending hours on the phone, repeating myself, and still getting nowhere. 

284 REPLIES 284

Matthew_ML

Read my reply to you yesterday!

Nothing has changed overnight!

Re: Netflix activation

yesterday

Matthew_ML

No it's not alright; I am being billed by Netflix on my visa card; Virgin have never paid Netflix directly, that's £32.97 (3 months so far)!

Maybe the amount isn't substantial yet but over an 18 month contract it will be!

Superwoman2
On our wavelength

They do not read messages.

They are robots. And not even good at that

I've had enough now, I'm going to cancel my TV and phone bundle and not pay an early termination fee as Virgin have breached the contract.

Hey necs, thank you for reaching back out.

I will send you a PM, so we can look into this in more details for you.

Please look out for the purple envelope. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Superwoman2

Definitely a robot; just received this from Matthew_ML!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Re: Netflix activation

Hey necs, I am so sorry in the delay of getting this very important issues sorted out for you. 

So I can look into this for you, please can you confirm your full name, account number, Postcode and the first line of your address. 

Please can you also confirm if you are the account holder? Thanks

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What account has he/it been looking at for a couple weeks??????

How can he/it have raised an IT ticket and informed me of (no) progress without having my details??????

It's the same on the phone, webchat and WhatsApp - round and round in circles!

Superwoman2
On our wavelength

It is absolutely shocking

they are rude and ignorant and I think you should make a formal complaint about Matthew in particular. If these are paid Virgin employees, they should really be sacked

I am writing to their CEO tonight and will call trading standards tomorrow to enquire about breach of contract.

i will also refer to our friend Mr hey Matthew here too who does not seem to understand how to address customers appropriately

It will probably go the same way as my three previous formal complaints - nowhere!

1. Letter - zero response
  2. Online form - See below
  3. Online form - This referred to complaint 2 and was closed after a day or two, that seemed OK at the time because complaint 2 was still open

Complaint 2 - the last I saw it in 'track complaints' the note was along the lines of "customer given advice"; nothing further, no direct communication with me until it disappeared from 'track complaints'.

Abysmal!

Superwoman2
On our wavelength

No trust me it won’t be

Writing to the CEO directly it a different matter

it sorted out issues I had with contract years ago

the executive team get it sorted quickly usually via a phone call they give you 

Don’t forget to mention our friend hey Matthew!!

Relevant T&Cs;

Section N

1. Other ways to end this agreement
  2. In addition to your rights to cancel during the cooling off period, either you or we may end this agreement at any time (including during or at the end of any minimum period) by giving the other 30 days’ notice.  You can provide notice and end this agreement under this provision by:

Etc……

6.  If we and/or Virgin Media Payments:

1. increase our monthly charges under this agreement;
  2. increase any of our other charges that are you are required to pay under this agreement in a way which is likely to materially disadvantage you; or
  3. make any changes to the terms and conditions of this agreement which are likely to materially disadvantage you; or
  4. make any changes to the services which are likely to materially disadvantage you; or
  5. if there is a permanent loss of the services,

we will notify you of this and you may cancel this agreement without paying an early disconnection fee by giving us at least 30 days' notice as set out in paragraph N.1. You need to give us that cancellation notice within 30 days of us notifying you. Any increased charges will not apply during your 30 day cancellation notice period.

4 or 5 look very relevant to me!