cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netflix activation

woodsy1984
Dialled in

I am having a nightmare with getting my Netflix activated. I'm an ultimate volt customer and when the offer was lauched I chatted on Whatsapp with VM to add Netflix to my account. This involved taking out a new contract which has been emailed to me.

I was told I would receive a email with a link to activate Netflix within 24. This didn't arrive. I chatted again via WhatsApp and was this time told I would receive an email within 48 hours. Again this didn't arrive.

In the meantime I had a Netflix tab appear on my virgin media account on the website, with an activation button to click. When I click on this I get an error message saying try again later or try via set top box.

I have had three phone calls to VM help. One said this is a problem that is affecting some customers but offered no solution.

One told me to set up netflix and take a subscription to pay via Virgin Media bill. He said that no money would be taken as I have it included in my package. I did this, and then received an email from Netflix cancelling my membership as the "account could not be billed through virgin media."

I have had another phone call with VM help. They had me clear my cache and cookies. Disconnect my modem from my TV. Try from my phone, a laptop and via the V360 box.

I still cannot get access to Netflix. Has anybody else had this problem and is there a solution. I'm sick of spending hours on the phone, repeating myself, and still getting nowhere. 

284 REPLIES 284

Hello necs, I hope you had a lovely weekend?

I have tracked your IT ticket and its still being looked into, sorry.

In the meanwhile please can you try these steps again;

1. You should sign in to My Virgin Media through this link
  2. Under the Netflix section, you should be able to see an Activate button
  3. You should click the Activate button to complete the registration and follow the instructions presented to you within My Virgin Media.                                                                                                                                                                         Please do let me know you get on. Sometimes after a ticket is raised this option will now work. Thanks

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

I don't see a Netflix section!

Where should it be?

Amazing!

Exactly the same thing I have been told by no less than 4 forum team on here over the past 6 weeks.

Honesty, don’t you guys feel a little bit ashamed of repeating the same nonsense and fooling the customers?!!!

Disgusting really

When your car doesn't start do you keep cranking the engine until the battery is flat or diagnose and fix the fault first?

Superwoman2
On our wavelength

Exactly. As I said, you will get the same script from every forum team member here and customer service member. When they gave up last time i was on the phone to them they said; sorry, there is really nothing else we can do (they did not do anything). Pease get in touch with Netflix!!!!!

sadly this does appear like a con operation as Netflix said they do not have anything to do with it.

Company run by cowboys 

pb1993
On our wavelength

If you find the Netflix section, please let the rest of us know where it is because it doesn't exist on my "My Virgin Media" homepage either (as I've explained to them 10,000 times).

I did log in through the My Virgin Media app and there is a Netflix tab on there, I press it and there's another tab labelled "Manage your Netflix Plan". However, this button doesn't do anything or take you anywhere... Again, I've explained this to Virgin Media and they raise an IT ticket which seems to be their answer for everything.

Same here, I don't know why they can't grasp this!

It really annoys me when told to contact Netflix - NO; our contracts are with VM, they are responsible for sorting out the problem!

We seem to be dealing with robots who just churn out the same copy and paste replies , don't read or react to anything we are saying.

And why have management not issued any sort of statement advising what is going on ?

Don't think this could have been handled any worse than it has so far , now into the 15th week and we know nothing more of the problem and have no more of an idea when it will be fixed than we did on day one.

I am sure the forum team will be glad when it is over so they can concentrate on things they can help with , clearly on this subject their hands are tied.

Maybe it is time to take some collective legal action against this unscrupulous company?