cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netflix activation

woodsy1984
Dialled in

I am having a nightmare with getting my Netflix activated. I'm an ultimate volt customer and when the offer was lauched I chatted on Whatsapp with VM to add Netflix to my account. This involved taking out a new contract which has been emailed to me.

I was told I would receive a email with a link to activate Netflix within 24. This didn't arrive. I chatted again via WhatsApp and was this time told I would receive an email within 48 hours. Again this didn't arrive.

In the meantime I had a Netflix tab appear on my virgin media account on the website, with an activation button to click. When I click on this I get an error message saying try again later or try via set top box.

I have had three phone calls to VM help. One said this is a problem that is affecting some customers but offered no solution.

One told me to set up netflix and take a subscription to pay via Virgin Media bill. He said that no money would be taken as I have it included in my package. I did this, and then received an email from Netflix cancelling my membership as the "account could not be billed through virgin media."

I have had another phone call with VM help. They had me clear my cache and cookies. Disconnect my modem from my TV. Try from my phone, a laptop and via the V360 box.

I still cannot get access to Netflix. Has anybody else had this problem and is there a solution. I'm sick of spending hours on the phone, repeating myself, and still getting nowhere. 

284 REPLIES 284

Unfortunately most of us haven’t even received the activation email

what a con and incompetent/fraudulent company 

Still waiting since 23/3 , if we don't get the link tomorrow that will be it for the week , the hard working IT team are sure to take a 4 day bank holiday break!

I assume still no progress in Virgin sorting out these Netflix issues?

Correct

Sent a tweet to @LutzSchueler the CEO at VM which will likely be read by his people and ignored

They are an absolutely disgraceful company

Nothing since 17th May

Today, I checked the progress of my complaint;

There's nothing to see here

We've not got any on-going issues connected with your account, so there's nothing to see here.”

Absolutely unbelievable customer service, I will now definitely cancel my service, I've had enough!

Hello necs, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to hear bout the experience you have revived. 

I have a taken a look at our side and want to discuss this in further details.

I am going to send you a PM, so we can look into this together.

Please can you look our for the purple envelope. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

I wish the forum team would stop recycling the useless messages of support
You really can’t do anything and have failed miserably . We are all in the same boat and have been for months so stop pretending to help!!!