cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netflix activation

woodsy1984
Dialled in

I am having a nightmare with getting my Netflix activated. I'm an ultimate volt customer and when the offer was lauched I chatted on Whatsapp with VM to add Netflix to my account. This involved taking out a new contract which has been emailed to me.

I was told I would receive a email with a link to activate Netflix within 24. This didn't arrive. I chatted again via WhatsApp and was this time told I would receive an email within 48 hours. Again this didn't arrive.

In the meantime I had a Netflix tab appear on my virgin media account on the website, with an activation button to click. When I click on this I get an error message saying try again later or try via set top box.

I have had three phone calls to VM help. One said this is a problem that is affecting some customers but offered no solution.

One told me to set up netflix and take a subscription to pay via Virgin Media bill. He said that no money would be taken as I have it included in my package. I did this, and then received an email from Netflix cancelling my membership as the "account could not be billed through virgin media."

I have had another phone call with VM help. They had me clear my cache and cookies. Disconnect my modem from my TV. Try from my phone, a laptop and via the V360 box.

I still cannot get access to Netflix. Has anybody else had this problem and is there a solution. I'm sick of spending hours on the phone, repeating myself, and still getting nowhere. 

284 REPLIES 284

richam79
On our wavelength

I have now also received an activation email.  Also, when I log in to My Virgin Media, under "Entertainment Services" the "Pending" has disappeared...

This has taken over a month to sort out and, like many others, a lot of emailing, calling and waiting on WhatsApp.  I think the admins on here did more to sort my issue than any of my interactions with "Customer Service" so I'm grateful to them for that.  I hope it continues to work and there are no issues going forward.

Great to hear of this richam79

Do keep us posted if you ever need us

Best wishes,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Can the same person that resolved it for richam79 please contact me 😀

Me too

Me too pls 😉

It gives me hope that it's possible. That's the first time I have seen anyone with this issue report a posative resolution 

Hi @Lisah82, @TouchingCloth and @paul_55, thanks for your messages.

All agents are trained equally and to be completely honest, we do have to wait for the IT Tickets to be resolved which means this is out of our hands slightly - please do private message the agents who you are in conversations with at the moment if you need any further help.

Many thanks

Tom_W

Was a tongue in cheek comment. But 9 months from first ticket raised with a promise of rectifying in 48 hours is stretching patience. Several tickets raised and not even the courtesy of a reply to any of them. 

You and your colleagues can only follow the process and dont blame you, in fact I feel desperately sorry you have to face up to your employers complete and utter incompetence. 

Hi TouchingCloth, thanks for the message and welcome to the forums. 

I am sorry to hear that you are having issues with the activation. 

We are aware of this and the IT teams are looking into a resolution. 

Hopefully this will be resolved soon. 

Chris

Hi all,

I finally received an email this morning containing links to allow me to activate Netflix part of my package. I was a premium subscriber so just pay the difference now.

Hope everyone gets a Christmas present soon