cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netflix activation

woodsy1984
Dialled in

I am having a nightmare with getting my Netflix activated. I'm an ultimate volt customer and when the offer was lauched I chatted on Whatsapp with VM to add Netflix to my account. This involved taking out a new contract which has been emailed to me.

I was told I would receive a email with a link to activate Netflix within 24. This didn't arrive. I chatted again via WhatsApp and was this time told I would receive an email within 48 hours. Again this didn't arrive.

In the meantime I had a Netflix tab appear on my virgin media account on the website, with an activation button to click. When I click on this I get an error message saying try again later or try via set top box.

I have had three phone calls to VM help. One said this is a problem that is affecting some customers but offered no solution.

One told me to set up netflix and take a subscription to pay via Virgin Media bill. He said that no money would be taken as I have it included in my package. I did this, and then received an email from Netflix cancelling my membership as the "account could not be billed through virgin media."

I have had another phone call with VM help. They had me clear my cache and cookies. Disconnect my modem from my TV. Try from my phone, a laptop and via the V360 box.

I still cannot get access to Netflix. Has anybody else had this problem and is there a solution. I'm sick of spending hours on the phone, repeating myself, and still getting nowhere. 

284 REPLIES 284

Hello peteiholland

We're sorry to hear of the problems experienced activating Netflix via your Virgin Media account, we appreciate the frustration and you raising this via the forums.

We can see you have spoken to the team since posting, were they able to offer any further advice or updates on this issue?

Rob

Well I'm into month 3 of the Netflix activation debarcle, no activation button have had it working twice for it only to be cut off after 3 weeks. 

Also have no ability to access nick jnr on catch-up. Although account clearly shows I'm subscribed if I try to put something on for the grandchildren it says I need to subscribe.

The usual drivel of messages listed 100 times on here already. Currently into the second day of a Whatsapp conversation going nowhere!.

IMG-20221202-WA0005.jpeg

IMG-20221202-WA0009.jpeg

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi hmass71, 

Thank you for reaching out to us here on the Community. 

I am very sorry to hear about the issues you have been experiencing with your service, we will do all we can to help. 

I would like to take a look at things from our side so I am going to pop you over a private message to take  a few details. 

This will be available via the purple envelope on the top right of this page. 

Speak soon, 

Nat

I’ve been with Virgin Media for 18months & have had more issues & false promises than I had with Sky in 14 years. 

Hi robonuk,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome back, really sorry to hear you have not had the best experience and that promises haven't been actioned, so I can try to help, please can you expand a little on the issues you have been facing?

Regards

Paul.

sjane366
Tuning in

A week has passed since @Ashleigh_C  raised another second level IT ticket for me. I still haven't received an email, not that I expected one, based on what everyone else has been saying.

I'm still getting the "Sorry, something’s gone wrong! We’re having some technical issues. Please try again later." message when I click the big purple button.

At the moment I still have Netflix, but I pay for that separately, unfortunately that runs out on the 18th December. I am reluctant to renew my Netflix subscription as I am supposed to get it with my TV package.

With the amount of complaints I have seem on the various forum pages something must be done. After all we are paying for a service that we are not receiving. It doesn't matter that it is included in the TV package, we are paying for the service.

Something needs to be done

Hi Sjane366.

I am really sorry it's still ongoing, but we can see you've been private messaging Ashleigh recently, please do pop back to her so she can check the ticket.

Thank you.

Ari - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

I've had a £20 credit put on my account now but still no nearer getting Netflix or the kids add on catch up to work been advised 3-5 days. But we will see.

Finally, persistance pays off, I have had an activation email. It took another phone call to customer service, but everything is now working.

Thanks for coming back to the thread sjane366

I am glad to hear it's all sorted. Please do pop back if you need further assistance.

Best wishes,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill