cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netflix activation

woodsy1984
Dialled in

I am having a nightmare with getting my Netflix activated. I'm an ultimate volt customer and when the offer was lauched I chatted on Whatsapp with VM to add Netflix to my account. This involved taking out a new contract which has been emailed to me.

I was told I would receive a email with a link to activate Netflix within 24. This didn't arrive. I chatted again via WhatsApp and was this time told I would receive an email within 48 hours. Again this didn't arrive.

In the meantime I had a Netflix tab appear on my virgin media account on the website, with an activation button to click. When I click on this I get an error message saying try again later or try via set top box.

I have had three phone calls to VM help. One said this is a problem that is affecting some customers but offered no solution.

One told me to set up netflix and take a subscription to pay via Virgin Media bill. He said that no money would be taken as I have it included in my package. I did this, and then received an email from Netflix cancelling my membership as the "account could not be billed through virgin media."

I have had another phone call with VM help. They had me clear my cache and cookies. Disconnect my modem from my TV. Try from my phone, a laptop and via the V360 box.

I still cannot get access to Netflix. Has anybody else had this problem and is there a solution. I'm sick of spending hours on the phone, repeating myself, and still getting nowhere. 

284 REPLIES 284

Couldn't agree more, customer service is abysmal. The operatives are obviously not trained enough and probably not updated on current issues e.g. Netflix activation as I have had different explanations of the issue and different potential solutions offered (none of which have been successful).

The complaints process is also abysmal, other than an acknowledgement that it's being dealt with and a letter that made no sense at all, there is no way of getting any feedback on progress. When the 28 days to resolve the complaint is up; it's probably time to say goodbye to Virgin Media which is a shame as I find the broadband very good.

pb1993
On our wavelength

I’m having the same problem, signed up to a new deal which included Netflix.

I had a verification link for the first month which worked perfectly, the a second link for the second month and now they’ve cancelled it and I need to “update my payment information”.

I spoke to somebody Monday last week, “wait 24h for a new verification link”, two days later nothing. I phoned up again, “wait two days for a verification link”. Four days later, nothing.

Phoned up again yesterday and the lady put me on hold for twenty minutes then hung up.

Phoned again today for the fourth time and he said all he can do is email their IT department to ask why I haven’t received a link.

I’m on the verge of giving up with this which is ridiculous considering that I’m paying for a service which I’m not receiving.

Hi @necs  thanks for getting back to us.

I am really sorry that this Netflix issue is continuing to impact yourself and others.  I know you must get frustrated to hear this, but our team are working to get the issue resolved.  This is not the level of service that we aim to provide nor would want for our customers.  I will pass on your feedback.

Regards

Lee_R

Two and half months seems a very long time to sort out this issue but what is more frustrating is the only information provided by VM regarding this issue is 'our teams are working on it, and for my complaint -

"We're working on a solution to your issue

We'll be in touch soon."

It doesn't fill me with confidence.

canderso
On our wavelength

The best way to resolve this issue would be for Virgin Media to discount our current package price by the value of the standard subscription cost and we go to Netflix direct!!!!

Too obvious, I expect they are worried that they would have to apply the discount for the length of our contracts and probably lose out on any bulk discount deal thay have with Netflix.

However, that solution would be best for their customers if customer service was their priority.

Rest assured this is not going to happen

Neither will the moderators here solve the issue

virgin is such a shady company. I have already contacted a solicitor I know personally to see how to best tackle this and get companies like virgin to pay for their false advertising and misleading contracts

They obviously have no intention of activating any Netflix subscription on the packages as advertised- just want to attract more customers 

I can raise a complaint on your behalf if you wish @necs?

Regards

Lee_R

canderso
On our wavelength

@Lee_R I have raised 2 complaints and been on 4 whatsapp chats since joining Virgin Media on 07/05.   This is obvious a major issue which Virgin cannot get a handle on for whatever reason.  It is outrageous that such a simple issue cannot be resolved and I will be cancelling VM for breach of contract if this is not resolved soon!!

Exactly

But I am now set to make them pay for it

Enough cowboys in this country