cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netflix activation link???

pb1993
On our wavelength

Signed up to a new Virgin Media package two months ago which includes Netflix.

I was emailed an activation link which worked for a month, then I was emailed a second link which worked for a second month.

Now when I log into Netflix it asks me to update my payment information as my account is on hold.

I phoned Virgin Media and they told me that a lot of people are having this issue currently where their accounts are being wrongly put on hold. She said that I should receive a new activation link within 24h. Two days passed, nothing. I phoned up again and was told a new link would be sent out again. Two days passed, nothing (I also checked my junk folder).

Phoned up yesterday and the lady on the phone put me on hold for twenty two minutes and then hung up. I phoned again this morning (for the fourth time) and he said that there should be an “activate Netflix” link on the main page of My Virgin Media… there isn’t. Then he said that all he can do is email IT asking why I haven’t been sent a link and he couldn’t give me an indication of how long they will take to respond.

I’m not expecting to hear back to be honest. There seems to be a lot of forums on this so I know that I’m not the only one but I’m on the verge of giving up which is ridiculous because I’m currently paying for a service which I’m not getting.

49 REPLIES 49

JamesB1
On our wavelength

Hello everyone,

Since my Netflix activation failed in April, one month after starting the Volt package, I have spent nearly four months trying to sort this out with Virgin Media. I have to say the customer service has been abysmal. it would take an age to explain how I have been passed from pillar to post over this and been made unfulfilled promises, so I won't. suffice to say I have spent many hours, very many hours, of my time trying to get someone to fix this. I am on the point of leaving Virgin!

As I write this I am on the phone to customer services - after a wait of 20 minutes - asking (almost begging) for an activation link to be sent to me which, I have been assured by a very helpful lady at Netflix Customer Services, is what is needed. I have just been told that one will be sent to me (and been given a reference number) but, then again I have been told this three times before!

I have raised a complaint with the Virgin Media Team over this but, it seems that they are unable to grasp the situation as they keep on asking me to activate Netflix on "MyVM" page when I have repeatably told them that there is no option to do so.

I am close to despair!!

I could never recommend Virgin on the basis of their customer service, which is a pity because I have a good package with them

Hang on in there , I eventually got my link after 4 months and 2 days ! - It's easy when you get the correct link.

It seems that CS staff online on on these forums are only able to give you scripted / copy and paste answers/advice which is 9 times out of 10 unhelpful or inaccurate.

Just seems to be a matter of time waiting , no idea what order they are sending out the links , but clearly there are not enough staff allocated to the issue to solve the problem promptly. IT tickets / escalated tickets etc have noting to do with anything , that has just been a method of fobbing us all off over these last 4+ months.

Trust you have lodged a complaint that included a request for compensation , if not do so asap..

Tractorboy,

Thankyou for your reply and the information,

I have indeed lodged a complaint and suggested compensation would be in order.

Unfortunately it appears that The VM Team handling complaints is as inept as the Customer Services as they either can't grasp the root of the problem, or else are ignoring it.

Kind Regards,

Jim

Just spent another hour writing another letter to VMTeam.

I have asked:

That the complaint is elevated to a manager (stupid word in this context is elevated, only just better than escalated!)

That Netflix is restored to my package, with activation link.

That my bill is reduced by £10.99 until Netflix is restored.

That I be paid suitable compensation which reflects the many hours that I have spent trying to get VM to solve this problem since April.

I await a reply with bated breath!

Regards, Jim.

pb1993
On our wavelength

Best of luck, it’s taken me three / four months for VM to affectively say that it’s their issue and they can’t fix it.

I got told that as a compromise, my monthly bill would be reduced £10.99 each month but the past two bills have seen no change. I’ve raised this and hoping to see a reduction next month. I’ve now asked for compensation for the all of the time that I’ve been without the Netflix service which I’m paying for. It is only £44 (over four months) which to be honest I wouldn’t usually spend the time and effort arguing over but it’s become a matter of principle with how long all of this is taking to fully resolve.

JamesB1
On our wavelength

Nothing that VM have told me, assured me, or promised me has been fulfilled. 

Customer services are awful. 

Good luck with your efforts. 

Regards 

Jim

JamesB1
On our wavelength
The elevation of the complaint to a manager etc was probably a bad move as the Virgin Media Team now seem to be ignoring me! I'll give them a couple more days and then I will see if the "Which" Consumer Association or the people at "ComputerActive" can help me. No wonder Richard Branson sold off this part of his Empire!

Hi @JamesB1

Welcome to the community. 

Really sorry to hear that your Netflix issue has not been resolved for you. I have escalated your IT ticket to the team for them to work on a resolution for you. Please let us know if you have not heard back from the team or had your registration link within the next 5 working days and we'll investigate this further for you. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

JamesB1
On our wavelength

Thank you, Carley,

I spoke to Customer Services yesterday who have said my bill will be reduced by the cost of Netflix Standard until the end of my contract. This to be confirmed by telephone tomorrow. This, if it happens is acceptable.

Regards, Jim. 

Many thanks for the update, JamesB1.

Glad to hear you were able to come to an agreement about this ongoing issue. Please let us know how you get on when you are called later today.

Kind regards Jodi.