cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netflix activation email not received (new Volt package)

garner
Dialled in

I signed up for this package on 25 March, it was installed on 7 April. But I still don't have the Netflix activation email that I should have received.

Tried the customer services live chat on April 9, and was told "I have rasied a request so you should be getting an email notification shortly, regarding the Netflix activation on 7th of April."

Any idea how shortly? Is it worth phoning or doing another live chat session? I've heard nothing. From what I've read, this promo is not going very smoothly, but I'd quite like to get my Netflix back as soon as possible.

144 REPLIES 144

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @garner,

Welcome back to our Community Forums! Thank you for your post and I'm very sorry to hear that you've not received your Netflix activation email after your new package was installed last week! I completely understand how frustrating this must be.

We are aware that there have been some issues with the Netflix activation email not sending through correctly. This issue is set to be resolved tomorrow, so please keep an eye out for an email from us about this in the next day or so. Keep us updated if this issue is still ongoing and you've not received an email. I'll be more than happy to investigate this issue further if needed.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hello,

Email was still not received and everything is as before, so I don't think anything changed.

No email received 

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi garner, 

Thanks for posting and welcome back to the community!

Sorry for the issue still persisting, are you able to sign into your MyVM, once logged in you should see a Netflix tile where you can activate the service.

Let us know if that helps,

Kain

Doh !
@Kain_W
As posted in another thread , this button we have now been told not to use.. It now says "sorry,something went wrong"

@Kain_W Thanks for replying but this does not help, and I've seen the same advice in other threads on this matter. Nobody seems to report that this has fixed the problem. Perhaps I can make it clearer, and maybe somebody with some technical expertise on whatever is going on in the VM backend can assist.

This is what my VM account says:

IMG_1375 copy.jpg

So Netflix is "active". Incidentally, the renewal date changes to whatever today's date is. If I click "manage Netflix" I get this:

IMG_1376 copy.jpg

So, no use really. It's just a link to the Netflix login page. Now, if I try to sign in on the Virgin TV box, I get this:

IMG_1377.JPEG

Entering my mobile number just prompts me to reactivate my old Netflix account, which I allowed to expire because I'm supposed to be getting it included in the Virgin package. The only option in the next stage is to add one of the three standard Netflix payment plans, using the Paypal account Netflix has on file. There's nothing about billing via Virgin.

Other people who have had this issue solved report receiving an email from Virgin, with a link to click, and then a few days later a second email arrives with Netflix activation details. This is what the customer services person told me I'd be receiving "shortly" when I did live chat last Saturday. He told me he'd raised a request for this email to be sent out. So, presumably, that is what I need.

The O2 phone part of my Volt bundle came with a 6-month sub to Disney+, and the difference in signing up via O2 was, well, incomparable. It took about 30 seconds. I've been trying to get this thing working for over a week, and judging by the comments on these forums I'm not alone.

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for the response, 

Apologies for the issues faced, our team are currently investigating this issue.

Are you using the same email address as the original netflix account?

Thanks,

Kain

Re: Are you using the same email address as the original netflix account?

I have tried it using the same email address (the one tied to my Virgin account) and also with a different non-Virgin one. It makes no difference, when I'm taken to the Netflix site to complete signup I have the option to pay by credit or debit card, by Paypal, or by gift code.

I would really like to get this email I've heard so much about. The one the live chat guy told me he had requested on Saturday, and which @Paulina_Z mentioned in the first reply in this thread on Monday:

"We are aware that there have been some issues with the Netflix activation email not sending through correctly. This issue is set to be resolved tomorrow, so please keep an eye out for an email from us about this in the next day or so. Keep us updated if this issue is still ongoing and you've not received an email. I'll be more than happy to investigate this issue further if needed."

I'm just keeping everyone updated as the issue is still ongoing and I have not received an email or any other way of activating Netflix.

Thank you for keeping us updated with this. To be able to investigate further I will need to private message you to get some details. 

Please keep an eye out for this. 

^Martin