cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netflix account on pause after signing new contract

Namesoom
Joining in

I recently came to the end of my contract and signed up to a new one for a further 18 months. Netflix is still included in this contract but for some reason after my new package went live when I try to watch Netflix it says please add payment information and that my account is on pause.

I called Virgin Media 5 days ago and explained the problem and the person said that she has sent the problem to a certain department and it should be sorted in 3 - 4 days. However I am still unable to watch Netflix after 5 days. I would think it would be as simple as relinking my Virgin Media account to Netflix and I can't understand why this is taking so long. It should never have been removed in the first place.

I refuse to add payment information to Netflix because I don't want to be charged for a service that should be included with my Virgin Media contract. If anyone knows how I can get this resolved quickly it would be greatly appreciated. I watch a lot of Netflix and I should be able to watch it as part of my new contract.

18 REPLIES 18

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey Namesoom,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums.
I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with your account and Netflix activation. I have looked into this and we are still waiting to hear back from the Netflix team for any updates on the issues. Is this happening on all of your devices that you have tried to watch Netflix on?

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

Namesoom
Joining in

Yes on every device. I get a notification saying my account is on hold and asking to add payment information. As Netflix is included in my Virgin contract I should not need to add any payment information.

Thank you for that information. At this point we will need to wait to hear back from the Netflix team.

^Martin

KB29R
On our wavelength

good luck with that mate - i have been waiting for over 4 weeks - in talks with ofcom now due to breach of contract from virgin media

Namesoom
Joining in

Oh great. I don't even understand why it was removed in the first place. I'm not gonna be happy if it takes that long.

Well this is definitely not looking good for a quick resolution. I'm actually really annoyed by this and will also be putting in a complaint if it doesn't get sorted soon.

KB29R
On our wavelength

The complaints process is also unfit for purpose -

email OCCtelecoms@ofcom.org.uk and report your frustrations - they will respond 

Namesoom
Joining in

Could someone from Virgin please help me. I want you to reactivate my Netflix which I am paying for. It has been a week where I have been unable to access it now.