cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netflix account hacked

GerryS1
Joining in

Strange that my previous posts on this issue have disappeared......  Just to repeat and like others have posted before.... We have a Netflix Premium subscription that we took out with VM. More than a month or so back we lost access to Netflix through the set-top box; the initial screen had changed to Spanish, all the user boxes were locked and you needed a pin to access.  When we tried to log on from another device our email was no longer recognised. We phoned VM customer care 4-5 times, the first time we were told the issue would be escalated and that our subscription would be refunded. To be fair on the first time we did get a call-back - the phone did ring but the VM representative hung up on me before I had a chance to speak but they left a message saying that because they had tried to contact me and I had not pursued the issue further they concluded the issue must have been resolved. When I phoned back customer care a bit aggrieved that nothing had changed  I was told that my issue had been resolved when it hadn't. Every subsequent call has always resulted in the same outcome, the issue will be escalated and the refund will be forthcoming (neither of these things have happened). The last time I called I was told this could only be resolved by Netflix, as others have found before, it can't as VM pay for the subscription and as my email address is no longer recognised by Netflix you are totally left with no where to go as no one seems to take responsibility for resolving the issue.

Interesting and going back to  my disappearing posts I did see fleetingly a response to my post presumably from a VM representative saying that they could see that someone from customer care had contacted me on this issue.....  THEY HADN'T!!!!!

We've been with VM for years but this issue is really exhausting our faith in the service, and you get the impression that  nefarious methods are being used to improve their statistics with regards resolving issues.

1 REPLY 1

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi, GerryS1. 

Thank you for joining our help forums recently and welcome to the VM community. Great to have you on board with us! 🙂

We're sorry to see the frustration caused by this email/Netflix account issue you've faced and that it's still not resolved despite our team advising the opposite.

We'd love to best assist with this, in order to view more on what's happened and advise back I will PM you here shortly.

Please, check the top right-hand side of our page to find a white envelope.
Click on this and you'll see my message.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs