cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netflix account cancelled by virgin

Richardlong68
Joining in

Received this email this morning

"Unfortunately, Virgin Media has let us know that your account could not be billed through your Virgin Media subscription. We are cancelling your membership, effective from Monday, 9th May 2022."

I've seen other posts where moderators have said that virgin are aware and virgin have fixed the issue, but obviously they haven't. 

As the customer- what do I have to do now? 

Wait? If so , how long for. Sign up again? 

54 REPLIES 54

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey Richardlong68,

Welcome back to the community and I'm very sorry to hear of your issues with Netflix.

Have you signed up to a new package that includes Netflix in the price or are you using Virgin Media as the payment method for your account?

If you have signed up to a new package with it included, you should have received an email with an activation link or if you go onto your online account, there should be a Netflix activation button on the main screen. Please could you check that and let me now?

Regards,

Steven_L

No- I haven't signed up for a new account. This was out of the blue.

Thanks for coming back to me @Richardlong68.

I would be happy to take a further look into this for you but would need to confirm a few details over via private message, please look out for my message and we can get started.

Regards,

Steven_L

Gusta2016
Joining in

Same here!

No warning, just cancelled!!

I've been told I do now have an account with netflix added but no one knows when it will be reinstated!!

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Gusta2016,

Welcome back to our Community Forums! Thank you for your post and I'm very sorry to hear that you're having some Netflix issues as well as the original poster! 

Can you tell us a little more about your issue so we can understand what's happened? Have you recently signed up to a new package recently that includes Netflix in the price?

Please let us know so we can investigate this further for you.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi,

I am also have the same issue 

Netflix was working normally then received an email from Netflix saying that my account has been cancelled due to non payment 

My VM contract was recently changed

Removed tv and phone package and just retained broadband and netflix

Netflix payment was deducted on the bill I have just payed and shows on my contract

I did contact VM Customer service but they could not help or give me any info

Please could you investigate 

Regards 

Steve W

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for confirming your details @Richardlong68, I have setup the Netflix payment method once again. Please could you login in to your Netflix account and let me know, if this was worked or not.

Regards,

Steven_L

No it hasn't. I tried logging in and they are now saying that there is no account with the email address I use.

Please ignore the last message. I put I  the email and it asked me to start membership. I did so and now it is working again.