cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netflix Premium Upgrade

scylior
Joining in

Updated package recently and told it now includes Netflix. Got the email saying you could link an existing account so that's what we did.  
Netflix account says "Billed through virgin media package". 
Any attempt to change the streaming plan from Standard HD to Premium fails and we get an email saying "Virgin Media did not approve your plan change" and the Netflix account changes back to Standard HD

Weird thing is that while the Netflix account is basically stuck on Standard HD, when we check our Virgin Media account > Entertainment Services > Manage Netflix is says we have Netflix Premium.
 Could it be that the upgrade fails each time because Virgins systems are showing it's already upgraded? 

Phone call to Virgin was a waste of time, the guy kept on saying it's probably because we used an existing Netflix account with an existing email address despite this being exactly what the Netflix email from Virgin says you can do.

Seems lots of posts of people with a similar problem. Has anyone managed to actually get them to fix this?

Seen lots of forum posts with the same problemHad anyone actually managed to get this fixed?

5 REPLIES 5

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey scylior,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post.
I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with your Netflix account at the moment. I would be happy to take a further look into this for you but first I would need to confirm a few details via private message, please look out for my message and we can get started.
Kind Regards,
Steven_L

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for letting us know scylior and I'm glad that your issues have now been resolved 👍

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

scylior
Joining in

Managed to figure it out. It was because Virgin account was showing the Netflix status incorrectly.

Netflix was showing Standard. 
Virgin Media was showing Premium. 

Trying to upgrade Netflix to Premium kept getting rejected as Virgin thought we already had it.

Got Virgin to reset our Netflix subscription to standard then did the upgrade again and it’s now worked. 

Shouldn't have taken an hour on the phone to have to figure this out for myself.

Legs
Joining in

I am having the exact same issue, even when netflix was reset so as virgin not paying and then relinked the account, still stuck as standard with netflix which I cannot change but showing as premium with virgin ( and paying the extra £5). Have been trying to sort with virgin, 5 calls so far with no solution!

Hello Legs.

Thanks for your first post and welcome to our Community.
Sorry to hear you are having an issue with the Netflix charges.
I'd like to take a look into this for you.
If you don't mind, I will need to send you a private message to pass security. 
If you can check your logo at the  top right of your screen that would be great. 
Regards     
Gareth_L