cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netflix Login on mobile not working.

Jerry007
On our wavelength

I have Netflix included as part of my package and it works fine on my tv. But my mobile is suddenly asking me to login to the netflix app and then says password incorrect (which it's not). I then click the link to be sent an email to reset the password but no email is ever received (and i've checked my spam). 

Regards Jerry

13 REPLIES 13

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Good Evening @Jerry007, thanks for your post on our Community Forums, and welcome back!

Sorry to hear of the issues you've been experiencing when trying to log into Netflix on your mobile device.

Can you please confirm if this error is restricted to the mobile devices, or if other devices are also effected when trying to log into the Netflix account?

It would be handy to know what make and model of handset you're using to try using the Netflix account, can you please advise us of this?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Jerry007
On our wavelength

Yes it is only the mobiles we are having a problem with, Netflix on the tv is working fine.. Both phones are samsung s23 ultras . one stopped connecting to the netflix app a couple of weeks ago and the second one was more recently.

When clicking the link to reset the password, no email arrives.

Thanks for coming back to me @Jerry007.

Can you please ensure that both mobile phones are operating on the most up to date systems and the applications are also updated?

Are both handsets also operating on Wi-Fi or is mobile data being used on the handsets when trying to operate Netflix? 

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Jerry007
On our wavelength

Phones and app are both up to date and i am currently connected via wifi on the home hub but i have also tried through data with wifi off to no avail.

Thanks @Jerry007.

Do you have any issues with streaming via other applications on the handsets?

What happens when you attempt to use Netflix, do you get any error codes or messages?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Jerry007
On our wavelength

No issues with any other applications. When you open the Netflix app it asks you to login (which it never used to) it used to be automatic login. You enter the email address and password and it says "incorrect password" which it's not. I then click the reset password link and it says an email has been sent to the email address but none has ever arrived and i've checked the spam folder as well.

Thanks for coming back to me @Jerry007.

Can you please clear the cache on the Netflix applications on the devices to see if this clears up the issue?

As the Netflix account is working on other devices, this points more towards an issue with the Samsung handsets, rather than Virgin Media or Netflix itself.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Jerry007
On our wavelength

Cache was minimal but cleared it and it still doesn't work. I've also tried connecting via my laptop without success, so it is not the phones that are the problem. It is only working on the tv connected to the hub and i do not have to login to that.  I think it is something to do with the password/email address. I've been hearing virgin have been having big email problems recently, are there any outstanding issue with the blueyonder addresses ?

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for the reply and for sharing more, Jerry007. 
Sorry to hear this didn't work for you and the problem is present on more devices too.

In regard to the emails issues and your concerns about this we can advise that sending or receiving emails has been restored for all customers, would you be able to try logging from a different browser and see if you can log on to Netflix from there?

Also, can you try using this page here to log to your MV account and make a password change at account settings> account details>change password (*under sign in details) and let us know if this can be then used to access your Netflix account?

Also, is your password and email used to access Netflix same as your VM login details?

Lastly, can I ask if you're able to send and receive emails as normal from your Blueyonder account and is the email same as what we use to contact you?
Do you receive our other communications via email in general to this address?

Cheers,

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs