cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netflix Joke

ChrisP8
Tuning in

Had Netflix cancellation e-mail but didn't cancel. Spoke to customer services and been waiting for over 2 weeks for Netflix activation code to come through. Spoke to customer services again who said there would be a tile on my account home page to click but no tile exists. Spoke to customer services for a third time who then said problem would be resolved in 7-10 days. Still waiting. I had loads of calls from Virgin trying to get me to renew my package but not one phone call or e-mail explaining what is going on with the Netflix issue.  Seems like lots of people having the same problem but I have been patient but feel like they will will not fix this.

Anyone from Virgin wish to provide any help?

25 REPLIES 25

Hi Chris,

Thank you for reaching back out, we understand your frustration as you have rightly advised this has been an issue for a while now, we are still working to get this resolved ASAP, and we do apologies for the continued inconvenience this is causing, once this has been fixed we will make sure any payments made for a service you haven't received will be addressed.

Regards

Paul.

I had a call today from Virgin asking me to check my account page as the Netflix tile should now be there ready to activate. I was at work so unable to look at the time but said I would check when I got home. I've just logged in and guess what - still no tile exists!!

It is very worrying that nobody seems to have a clue what is actually going on.

They are just trying random things like cancelling and re instating accounts and saying we SHOULD have a tile but...

After threee months this is pathetic!

@Tractorboy 

Now not being a VM employee is this all a bit of speculation but let’s run with it.

Virgin Media is a rebranding of two cable providers (Blueyonder and NTL) who merged a couple of years ago. Each of these were a conglomeration of different cable providers bought up over the years. So it is probably not too much of a stretch of the imagination to think that the underlaying IT system tying all of these disparate arrangements together is basically held together with spit, string and a degree of hope!

Now further let us imagine a system where the marketing department comes up with a ‘good idea’ involving an integrated Netflix subscription. They pitch it to senior management, now the technical people object on the grounds that the underlaying infrastructure just can’t cope with it, being, as stated earlier, held together with …..

But, says, senior management, ‘we pay the marketing droids far more than you, so therefore they must be much more intelligent and able! Stop trying to insult us with your ‘facts’ and just get on with it’

So the system gets rolled out and immediately falls flat on its face for some, not all, users - but, frankly who cares about them?

Ah, right OK, now what we need to do is a manual process of adjusting individual user accounts as and when we find them to make it work, there’s only 10,000 users impacted and we’ll allocate, oh, two engineers to do it, let’s see, oh they should be all done in three years!

Now if you are a member of the forum team, who are VM employees, what do you do? Toe the company line and keep your job or admit the truth and start looking for another job?

Anyone want to comment? And seriously do I need to add any sort of /sarcasm /end sarcasm tags to the above?

Josep58
On our wavelength

Who would of thought a company like this is allowing its competitors to get even closer to being better then Virgin.

Hi there @ChrisP8, sorry to see that you have still not had your Netflix issue resolved.

Have the team contacted you since for a further update so they are aware of the tile still not showing? If not, please let us know so we can PM to take your details and feed this back to the team investigating.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Hi, no I told them I was unable to check as I was at work but would chrck when i got home. They said they would phoe me later that evening but I didn't get the call so they will still be unaware.

Regards

Chrs

Love it, well said. 🙌

Hi @ChrisP8,

I'll drop you a PM now so we can escalate this back to the team if needed.

Thanks

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Our Netflix has been fixed! No activation email was sent, we just tried to sign in and it was there... everyone should try it.

To activate it;

Go to your box (it must be your box otherwise it will not work)

Go to your Netflix app.

Press restart membership, this should activate Netflix without needing your card details.