cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netflix Joke

ChrisP8
Tuning in

Had Netflix cancellation e-mail but didn't cancel. Spoke to customer services and been waiting for over 2 weeks for Netflix activation code to come through. Spoke to customer services again who said there would be a tile on my account home page to click but no tile exists. Spoke to customer services for a third time who then said problem would be resolved in 7-10 days. Still waiting. I had loads of calls from Virgin trying to get me to renew my package but not one phone call or e-mail explaining what is going on with the Netflix issue.  Seems like lots of people having the same problem but I have been patient but feel like they will will not fix this.

Anyone from Virgin wish to provide any help?

25 REPLIES 25

Tractorboy
Rising star

Anyone from Virgin wish to provide any help?

You're hoping !

We have been waiting two months for a solution or even an explanation of wjat is going on - but NOTHING !!

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Chris,

Thank you for your post, and welcome to our Community Forums! 😊

I'm sorry to hear you've had some trouble with an incorrect Netflix Cancellation email. We did encounter a technical issue which caused a large amount of our customers to receive this email. However, our team have processes in place to help resolve this issue.

Have you received the email or been able to access Netflix since your post? I'm going to pop you a PM to get some more details. Please look out for the purple envelope in the top-right of our forums.

Cheers,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

No still nothing received. 

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Morning @ChrisP8,

As mentioned in our PMs, we've got a ticket open for this issue. We're still waiting for a response from one of our Technical Teams. Once we've received this, you'll be the first to know. I do apologise that it's taking longer than expected to get this resolved.

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

Hi,

Will it be arriving today? This is taking way too long for no reason, we just need to the activation email. I doubt you guys work on the weekend either so today is very ideal. 

Please get back to me with an ETA on this issue. 

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi ChrisP8,

Unfortunately, I can't give an ETA on the resolution for this issue. It's currently being investigated by our Support Teams, who are working on deploying a fix. Once a fix has been deployed, you will receive an email to re-register/register with Netflix.

Our Forums Team do work over the weekend so will be able to assist if you need anything during this time 🙂

Cheers,

Reece - Forum Team

Hi,

That's all good. 

So you have no idea when this is going to be fixed? Could we be expecting a couple of weeks, day, etc. Surely you have a bit of information on when we will get this activation email, like do you have the current status of it? Just very frustrating because we're being charged for nothing in result, and especially being loyal customers, it would be somewhat nice to not have to wait too long this, if it's not done by the end of the week, we will be considering further places.. 

Chris

It has now been the same situation for 10 weeks !

Not a single official announcement as to what the problem is , what they are doing to fix it , an appology - NOTHING.

They still seem no nearer to a solution than day one on 21/3.

I am sure the "IT team" will now be off for the weekend , and back for only a 3 day week next week.

The prospects do not look good, CS and the forum team now seem to have run out of ideas to fob us off for another week at a time and are just resigned to nothing happening...

Any update Virgin Team? Nearly 2 months and your IT Team still can't fix the issue!!
Do trading standards know you are duping customers into getting Netflix with the packages when you know there are issues?
No news on any refund, no updates, no announcements, have they given up?
Disgraceful.