cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netflix Charge

1Jenny1
Joining in

Hi i've just been on the phone to VM and changed my package and the guy i was talking to siad im being charged £15.99 a Month for Netflix but i've never used Netflix.  he said the bill started at biggning March and he asked me to go into my tivo box setting/apps and look for Netflix which i did but there isn't any Netflix Acc setup on my box. so how has this happened and can someone help me resolve this please

thank you

25 REPLIES 25

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @1Jenny1 

Welcome to the community forums. 

Really sorry to hear of your Netflix subscription issue. If you're being billed for your Netflix through us, this would have been set up at your side either via the set top box or through your Virgin Media online account. The subscription is controlled by Netflix unfortunately and would need to be cancelled through Netflix themselves as it's only the billing through us, rather within your contract or package agreement. 

Do you know if anyone in the household maybe signed up to Netflix at the beginning of March? 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Hi there's only me here and like i say i havent setup anything my end on my box or through myr Virgin Media online acc

i did get in touch with netflix and this afternoon and there saying i dont have a Netflix acc or subscription with them

they also asked me to login it to my VM acc and then select "Netflix Account Recovery" which i did but its saying i dont have an Netflix acc

and thinking about it only last week i receive a few emails in my spam folder saying samthing about Netflix and cpl about Amozon i just deleted them

as i dont use Netflix or Amazon.  

Hi 1Jenny1 👋 thank you for getting back to us! Sorry to hear about this ongoing Netflix billing issue!

If you are being billed for Netflix through your VM package it would show both in your services here 👉 virg.in/myVM and on a copy of your contract or most recent bill. If this is not showing on either, you would not be getting billed for Netflix via your Virgin Media services and would need to speak to them directly to get this cancelled. 
I have a few questions just so we can ensure we are best offering you help;

1) Do you have any way of recovering the detailed emails giving you more information about Netflix?

2) Did you ever activate Netflix as a service via your TIVO box?

3) Is Netflix showing as one of your products and services on your My VM account or in your bills?

I can send you a PM to confirm a few account details and ensure that you are not being billed for Netflix via your VM services if needed! Just let us know about the questions above!

Thank you. All the best. 🌞

Molly

Hi good Morning like i say in my 1st post yesterday i phoned VM to changed my package and the guy i was talking to

siad im being charged £15.99 a Month for Netflix he said the bill started at biggning March.

i paid my last bill on the 5th of March and there was no Netflix bill on there. so i will be onmy next bill

i did have look on my vm acc /bills but i cant see it on there.   but yesterday i downloaded the vm app and did see a bill for £15.99 nexfilx on there on there

and yes pls send me pm with account details .  

1) Do you have any way of recovering the detailed emails giving you more information about Netflix?
ill log into my VM email see if there's anyway of recovering the emails?

2) Did you ever activate Netflix as a service via your TIVO box?
No not on my box or anywhere other way

3) Is Netflix showing as one of your products and services on your My VM account or in your bills?
i did have look on my vm acc /bills but i cant see it on there. but yesterday i downloaded the vm app
and did see a bill for £15.99 for nexfilx in there.

Hi Jenny, thank you for getting back to me! 

If it's not showing currently in your services or bills it may no longer be a part of your service. I'd like to properly investigate what's happened here and get it sorted for you. I will also raise a complaint if needed!

I'm just going to send you a PM to confirm a few account details so I can offer further support. You can find this in the top right corner of the page in your Inbox. 

We can return to this public thread with another update when possible. Thank you for your patience in the meantime!
Wishing you all the best. 🌞

Molly

i've just logged into my VM Acc and looked at my latest bill and its showing a Netflix £15.99

its saying the netflix subscription started on the 1st March. and im and 100% positive i never signed up for this

and doing a search on this forum this is not a singular issue as see other customers
have experience the same thing as me

i just got this month bill and im being charged £15.99 for Netflix again  NOT HAPPY 😤