cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netflix Access

Hmax482
Tuning in

Signed up for a new Virgin Media package over a week ago that should have given me access to Netflix. I’ve read quite a few posts that others have had the same issue that dragged on for months.

How do I get this resolved ? I’m paying £117 a month but not getting the service I am paying for.

Help !!!!!

9 REPLIES 9

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey Hmax482, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to hear this.

If Netflix was included in your package you should got an got an activation email for this? 

Did you get one at all, if not have you tried checking junk / spam emails?

I would also go to your online account and see if you can activate it from there please do let us know, Cheers 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

JonnyG14
Dialled in

Hello I have exactly the same problem.  I've just taken out a new package which includes Netflix Standard and have received two emails from Virginmedia to activate Netflix.  Neither of the links work - they just come up with an error.  

Please help via PM to sort out.

Thanks

Jonathan

JonnyG14
Dialled in

Virgin Netflix Error .jpg

JonnyG14
Dialled in

Finally resolved this on my third attempt going through the Virginmedia Entertainment Box on my Virginmedia account.  Phew !  

Papadox
Joining in

I wish I could resolve mine. 

Switched to Virgin 2 months ago from Sky  Never received activation email.  Had more than 5 exchanges on webchat ( what a tortuous experience this is - Several exchanges extended beyond 3 hours . Repeatedly told that customer satisfaction is Virgin's priority - "be assured I have taken your problem on board personally and will solve this for you "  blah blah )  Told on several occasions that it will be sorted in 2, or 3, or 5 business days. It never is . Repeat webchat after the 2, 3, 5 days ad nauseum. 

Initiated formal complaint, exchanges now via email rather than webchat or Whatsapp that they prefer to transfer you to )  Just more of the same, plus in the latest reply. We need to solve this in real time. Contact us via webchat. Failure to get resolution via webchat was what initiated the complaint . Round and round we go. It's hardly realtime when you wait over an hour for a reply.

Rant over....

Virgin suggestions so far ...

1.   You should have had activation Email ....... I never have 

2. On virginmedia app click on the  Netflix tab..... There is NO Netflix tab

Hi @Papadox 👋 Thank you for your post and welcome to the Virgin Media Community 😀

We're really sorry to hear about the poor experience you've had 😔

What's the very latest information you've been provided in terms of us dealing with this matter?

You can track your complaint for any updates using our online checker here

Please pop back to us at your earliest convenience. 

Regards,
Daniel

Papadox
Joining in

"There's nothing to see here " is what I get on clicking the link to online checker.

The complaint I raised was not via the forums but via myvirginmedia, where the complaint number is C-011123754

The very latest information from them  is that they think the case is closed after pointing me to a help page, which, as I have pointed on on more than one occasion  has been no help at all. 

I replied asking why they are so keen to mark the complaint as closed when it is still not resolved.

Hi @Papadox, thank you for your response.

In order to look into this for you further, we'll send you a private message on here. Look out for the envelope in the top right-hand corner.

If you're on a portable device with a smaller screen, click on the icon in the top right-hand corner and select "messages" from the additional menu options.

Regards,
Daniel

Hi Matt,

no emails I'm afraid. Have checked spam as well. When I follow your link I get..

Oops! You’ve caught us hard at work.

We’re sorry this part of the site isn't available at the moment, everything will be back to normal again soon, so please come back and try again shortly.