Menu
neuro36
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Need to put contract on hold

Would really appreciate help and advice. Am in my 80’s and quarantined on an island in the Baltic. Have been unable to use my apartment in the UK for the past year on account of covid-19 travel restrictions and my being in the high-risk category. The VM broadband service that I’m paying for monthly by direct debit has therefore not been used for all this time. Would prefer not to cancel my contract since I’ll be needing the service again in the hopefully near future. Ideally I’d just like to put the contract on hold and re-start it when I’m next able to travel to the UK. But how do I go about it? I’ve tried calling customer service but either get cut off since I’m on a very unstable wifi connection here or get stuck in a long and very costly phone queue. Have tried chatting but always seem to end up talking to a robot who doesn’t understand what I’m talking about. Can’t find an email address to write to. Feels crazy paying over £40 pounds a month for a service I’m not using. Am getting somewhat desperate. Any suggestions? Or could a Moderator be of assistance?

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Need to put contract on hold

Hello

Virginmedia I am afraid do not have a hold feature for accounts it is either pay the contract or end the contract.

There is no email address for support and there has not been one for quite some time.

Contract discussions can only be done via the phone / chat or text message I am afraid that it isn't something that the forum team can deal with.

For cancellations you can also write in too Virgin Media Sales Operation Support, Diamond Plaza, Daleside Road, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, NG2 3GG

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

neuro36
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Need to put contract on hold

Hello Mike and many thanks for your prompt response. Looks like my best option is to cancel. Such a pity though, not sure I'll be choosing VM next time round. Will suggest to them (if I can find a way of doing this without it costing me an arm and a leg on the phone) that this is something they should consider, especially at a time like this. It's a way of retaining customers in a similar situation to mine. Thanks again Mike. Take care and stay safe.

0 Kudos