Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Need to leave urgently but call centres closed

Hi,

I have had to move out of my Sussex home and move in to a house in Dorset to take care of my elderly, disabled father (in a hurry).

Unfortunately, we cannot get Virgin where he lives and so sadly will need to leave virgin and cancel all services ASAP (12 month contract ended back in September 2019).

I am hoping to get back to Virgin once this Covid-19 thing is over and we have bought a new home in Weston Super Mare area for my Dad and I.

Normally I know this would be dealt with on the phone, but we are in strange 'Corona virus' times. Your call centres are closed and I am stuck in Dorset, and can't call you or email you at this point. Please could you help disconnect my services as soon as you can? Even if I can get a postal address so that I can put this all in a letter, that would be good.

Many thanks 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Need to leave urgently but call centres closed

Hello

Due to the current situation there is a text message only service is available via: 07533051809 Just send a text with the issue you are facing and someone will get back to you as soon as they can. Please bear in mind at this time this service does also have a high load and may take quite some time getting back to you.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Well-informed
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Kerry,

As indicated by DJ_Shadow you can send a text message to 07533051809, ensure you include your account number and area code, this service, like the phone lines is also very busy and they may take a few days to respond.

You could write your cancellation request to this address

Virgin Media Sales Operation Support, Diamond Plaza,
Daleside Road, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, NG2 3GG

I would advise you to phone if possible, best time is early morning between 8 and 9am. 

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

If cancelling by post use a Recorded or Registered delivery service for proof of receipt.

It's What I Do.
I Drink and I
Remember Things.

Only mark a post as helpful if your issue has been resolved.
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for all the helpful responses. I forgot to say, I am in a total mobile network black spot, too so can't text even. Doh!

However, I will send a letter to the address provided.

Thanks again. 🙂