Menu
theinternetguy
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Need to cut down my costs - can VM do a repackage if I ask as I can no longer afford over £105 a month

Hello all, 

I really need to cut down my bills and my Virgin Media costs me £106 ish a month. I have Maxit TV with Sky Cinema (half price - managed to get this ages ago) and an extra V6 box, M200 broadband and Talk Weekends home phone (old Big Kahuna bundle). 

I could do without the extra V6 box as I really watch TV upstairs in the bedroom and I could get another device (such as a Amazon Fire TV Stick) to just stream Freeview if need be. Could also get rid of Sky Cinema as rarely watch as I have Netflix. Also if it’s cheaper I could go down to M100 broadband as this would do just fine as it’s just the two of us with only 3/4 devices each. I also understand if I keep the home phone line I could get a better deal and would need to keep it for my mum who is disabled as she knows my home phone number off by heart just in case but if it’s cheaper it could go as well or pay less for line rental. 
I also have Virgin Mobile SIM Only (out of contract) and I’m wondering if I could link Virgin Media and Mobile together to form a better deal. 

I guess what I’m trying to say is I only need the Bigger Bundle with Maxit TV, M200, Talk Weekends (and if I could merge my SIM with it so I could save some money). 
I have seen that new customers can get the Oomph SIM 15GB with this for an extra £10 a month with M350 broadband for £59 a month for 18 months or £67 with M200 broadband. If not it would be £98 for M350 or £98 for M200 for me as I am out of contact. This would do me fine if I could link my current Virgin Mobile number with it. If not then without the SIM it would be £88 with M200. 

Just need a bit of advice on wether these are correct prices and not just for new customers and if I can actually link my current Virgin Mobile with it. Really need the cost down and just wondering if a better deal could be established - for long-term not just for 12 months or so like usual - now I’m retiring. Have heard of the Home Phone only plan but would like broadband and TV as well. 

Have attached some images of the bundles that would suit me that I have found on the website. 
93A072AB-BE61-4C96-AAC6-BE8635AC6955.pngB0A020C9-5A8C-4C91-A4C6-19A3A0511226.jpeg

Thanks for reading this and I would appreciate if anyone could help me. 😀

0 Kudos
apcyberax
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Need to cut down my costs - can VM do a repackage if I ask as I can no longer afford over £105 a mont

you could be looking at the full price not the new customer discount.

You'll need to call in and see what they can offer. you won't be able to re-contract online or on the forum.

You'll get a better offer calling in

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

theinternetguy
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Need to cut down my costs - can VM do a repackage if I ask as I can no longer afford over £105 a mont

Thank you @apcyberax for the reply, 

Will have to phone them up tomorrow I guess. Will do it at 8:00am when they open so no queues. 

Thank You

0 Kudos
apcyberax
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

best times is early morning.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks